Bryan Hughes, Ph.D.
Bryan Hughes is a Cloud Developer Advocate at Microsoft, long-time member of the Node.js and NodeBots communities, and tech activist. He has a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Computer Science.
Bryan has created a number of open source projects of varying popularity over the years, and is very much a member of the OSS community.
Outside of tech, Bryan is a photographer, an occasional writer, a once upon a time pianist, wine aficionado, and active member of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Web Development
- Diversity and Inclusivity
- Raspi IO - An IO plugin for the Johnny-Five Node.js robotics library that provides support for the Raspberry Pi
- Aquarium Control - An Azure-based system for controlling the lights and monitoring temperature in his Aquarium with a Raspberry Pi
- Raver Lights - A wirelessly distributed lighting control system for programmable LED art
- Request Inspector - A request timing diagnostic tool for Web and Node.js applications
- Contact Scheduler - A desktop application for scheduling times to reach out to folks regularly that plays nicely with anxiety