Startup Advocate - New York
Frank Denbow is a computer scientist and entrepreneur from New Jersey. He is currently a Startup Advocate at Microsoft, helping support the startup community in NYC. He is the founder of INK’A, a platform for producing top quality custom apparel for companies and influencers. Frank has bootstrapped INK’A into millions in revenue and enjoys supporting other entrepreneurs in the startup ecosystem.
Born in Harlem, and raised by Jamaican & Guyanese parents in New Jersey, Frank caught the bug for entrepreneurship at an early age, selling cologne on eBay, and began programming in middle school. A graduate of Carnegie Mellon’s Computer Science program, Frank interned as a software developer at Apple before building his own companies.
Frank has held leadership positions in community organizations such as Startup Weekend, Startup Digest, & Coalition for Queens / Pursuit, helping connect entrepreneurs with the resources they need. Out of this desire, he created INFLECTION, a community for profitable companies.
With passions for spreading computer science education and in affecting change in prison reform, Frank serves on the advisory board for Academy For Software Engineering (a Computer Science focused high school) & volunteers with organizations like Defy Ventures.
- NY Times - More Start-Ups Are Telling Venture Capitalists To Get Lost
- Alley Watch - 20 Awesome People in the New York Tech Scene You Need to Know About
- The Next Web - 50 people in NYC’s tech scene that you need to know
- Pando Daily - Startup Culture is Becoming Mainstream Culture, and Startup Threads is Capitalizing On It
- INFLECTION - A community for profit-driven entrepreneurship
- AFSE Entrepreneurship Club - I run an after school club for high school students to learn about entrepreneurship via a hands on program.
- Joy With Paper - An instructional program on how to make paper artwork, from my mother
- INK'A - Marketing Automation For Branded Goods
- Product Development
- Growth Marketing
- Product Marketing & Messaging
- Founder Coaching (if you need a pep talk, tweet @ me)