In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, host – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen is joined by Cameron Dwyer (OnePlace Solutions) | @CameronDwyer – CTO and Office Development MVP at OnePlace Solutions, located in Sydney, Australia. Differences between the ISV – SAAS product developer and the Corporate Developer are considered during this session.
Topics broached include the selection of tools and methods for UX dev layer, API layer, discovery with Microsoft Graph, real web components, authentication and identity across workloads, and more. Insights and challenges when moving from consulting to products and from product license management to a subscription-based model were shared. Why should partners consider the Microsoft 365 ecosystem? Pretty clear reasons are called out in this episode. Twelve recently released articles and videos from Microsoft and the PnP Community are highlighted in this session as well. This episode was recorded on Monday, November 9, 2020.
This episode was recorded on Monday, November 9, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 – 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Announcing the general availability of the Microsoft To Do API in Microsoft Graph – Microsoft 365 Team
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v3.2 | Microsoft 365 PnP team | @m365pnp
- Me Experience in Microsoft Teams using Microsoft Graph Tookit and SPFx – Rabia Williams (Microsoft) | @williamsrabia
- Quick tip: download user or group profile picture using Microsoft Graph JS SDK – Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- The many ways to set UK Locale in SharePoint – Paul Bullock (CaPa Creative) | @pkbullock
- Beginners Guide to MS Teams Development #3 Messaging Action – Tomomi Imura (Microsoft) | @girlie_mac
- Microsoft Teams / Graph API: All about Scopes – Terry Matula | @terrymatula
- MGWDev.GraphSDK.UT (.NET) – IHttpProvider mocking for SPFx – Marcin Wojciechowski (Valo Intranet) | @mgwojciech
- Power Apps Web Part – Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas) | @bernierh and April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam
- Episode #127 – Using MSAL and Azure AD B2C to Authenticate “external” users – Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @paolopia
- Share SPCAF Rules Across Projects Using Azure DevOps Multi-Repo Builds – Pete Skelly (ThreeWill) | @pskelly
- The “Five Rules of Fields” for File Server Migrations to Microsoft – Alex Fields | @vanvfields
- Microsoft Graph in Microsoft docs
- Microsoft Graph in the GitHub
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative – Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices Team – 10th of November 2020