The SharePoint PnP Community monthly call is our general monthly review of the latest SharePoint and Microsoft 365 PnP topics (news, tools, extensions, features, capabilities, content and training), engineering priorities and community recognition for Developers, IT Pros and Makers. This monthly community call happens on the second Tuesday of each month.
SPFx v1.11 has been released. There is new guidance for publishing your SPFx solution to AppSource, new article series – Building for Microsoft Teams using SPFx, new employee onboarding and multiple education templates for modern SharePoint now in SharePoint look book. In process of releasing capability delineated in UserVoice: Add managed metadata term store operations to REST API. First glance at SharePoint Framework 1.12 Roadmap that includes Teams Integration, Content Security Policy (CSP) and more, more, more. Thank you to individuals and supportive organizations for your community assistance within the last month! The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft). Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Latest on Power Platform integration within SharePoint Online – an update delivered by Chakkaradeep “Chaks” Chandran (Microsoft) – primary liaison between SharePoint and the Power Platform Group, shares a new Power Automate Trigger and Action that effectively alerts a SharePoint list item owner of an item update – what changed, when, actions taken, options for next actions.
- Register – Free Virtual Conference on Microsoft 365 topics on September 1st | aka.ms/PnPVirtualConference
- Register for essential GitHub training:
- Community Docs Sessions – Aug 28th & 31st (two session times on 31st) Registration Form
- First Time Contributor Sessions August 21st, 24th & 26th Registration Form
This call was delivered on Tuesday, August 11, 2020. The call agenda is reflected below with direct links to specific sections. You can jump directly to a specific topic by clicking on the topic’s time stamp which will redirect your browser to that topic in the recording published on the Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube Channel.
- SharePoint community update with latest news and roadmap – 3:08
- UserVoice status for SharePoint Dev – 11:32
- Community contributors and companies which have been involved in past month – 13:45
- Featured Topic – Latest on Power Platform integration within SharePoint Online – 15:19
- Chakkaradeep “Chaks” Chandran (Microsoft) | @chakkaradeep
The full recording of this session is available from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel – http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos.
Presentation slides used in this community call are found at OneDrive.
Additional resources on covered topics and discussions.
- New guidance on publishing SharePoint Framework solutions to Store | https://aka.ms/spfx
- New article series – Building for Microsoft Teams using SharePoint Framework | https://aka.ms/spfx
- New SharePoint look book templates for modern SharePoint – New employee Onboarding and multiple education scenarios |
- Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community (PnP) – August 2020 update is available | http://aka.ms/m365pnp
- UserVoice –
- PnP Weekly – Videos
- PnP Weekly – Podcasts
- M365 Community Documentation – (non-dev)
- SharePoint Documentation and Guidance – (technical)
- SharePoint look book
- SharePoint Framework v1.11
- SharePoint Framework v1.11 release notes
- Exploring how to get started on open-source and community work?
- SharePoint Starter Kit
- Recurrent invite to SharePoint Development monthly calls – http://aka.ms/spdev-call
- SharePoint Developer documentation – http://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint Development Issues – http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint GitHub organization – http://github.com/SharePoint
- SharePoint Development UserVoice – new feature requests – http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
“Too many links, can’t remember” – not a problem… just one URL is enough with http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 12th of August 2020