Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from October 1, 2020.
Latest news from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint engineering and updates on open-source projects: PnP CSOM Core extension, PnP PowerShell, modernization tooling, on yo teams and on Microsoft Graph Toolkit.
Today – Preview 3 of the PnP Core SDK was published! Microsoft Graph Toolkit v2.0 preview is now available as well. From here on, updates on Microsoft Graph Toolkit will be delivered during this PnP General SIG call. Since this is the 1st of the month, October releases are not yet released. The monthly releases will be delivered ahead of the next SIG call. For PnP Sites Core: .Net standard preview version will be delivered as part of the October release. One new Microsoft Teams sample – Content Explorer, was released in the past two weeks. It was decided during this call that there was not enough time for the 3rd scheduled demo, so the demo “Introduction to New Employee Onboarding Hub in the Look Book site”, has been rescheduled to October 29. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Camaraderie is clear in this week’s Together Mode photo.
- Register for a First Time Contributor Session – October 7, 9 or 12.
- Register for a Community Docs Session – October 14, 19 or 26.
- Register for Using PnP SPFx Samples w/NVM – October 5, 20 or 27.
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly in Twitter.
Demos delivered in this session
- Getting started with Microsoft Graph Toolkit – in this demo start by creating a basic html page then incorporate Microsoft Graph Toolkit (MGT) components into it. All components are found at the mgt.dev – Microsoft Graph Toolkit Playground site – an environment to view, build/customize objects, test components and access reference documentation. Now Toolkit Components can be accessed directly from Graph Explorer. Shows using simple components to build complex solutions.
- Introduction to Building Access Microsoft Teams app template – this app template is built on Power Apps, Power Automate and SharePoint. Seamless Teams integration is a given. The template actually includes 3 apps – Building Admin, Building Security, and Building Access. Additionally, user activity is summarized in a Power BI dashboard. Step through creating a facility access request and approval, creating occupancy thresholds, defining eligibility questions and other configuration.
Microsoft Teams Development Samples: (https://aka.ms/TeamsSampleBrowser)
- Content Explorer – Jose Larios and Noorez Khamis
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos.
Topics covered in this call
- General community news – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 4:41
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @O365bert – 5:55
- PnP PowerShell updates – Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet) @erwinvanhunen – 6:55
- yo Teams updates – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 8:04
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit updates – Beth Pan (Microsoft) | @beth_panx – 8:54
- Microsoft Teams samples – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 10:33
- Demo: Getting started with Microsoft Graph Toolkit – Beth Pan (Microsoft) | @beth_panx – 13:33
- Demo: Introduction to Building Access Microsoft Teams app template – Pawan Gulati (Microsoft) | @pawangulati – 33:19
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides
- Slides used in this community call
- Documentation – Microsoft Graph Toolkit: Web Components powered by Microsoft Graph
- VS Marketplace – Live Server
- Microsoft Graph Toolkit Playground – Dev site
- Graph Explorer
- Conference Video – Integrate Microsoft Graph in your solutions with MS Graph Toolkit – PnP Virtual
- Video – Build live coding session – MGT + React + Teams Tab
- Documentation – App Templates for Microsoft Teams
- Repo – Building Access App Template
- Microsoft Teams Development Samples
- PnP Weekly – Episode 98 with guest: Vesa Nopanen (Sulava) | @vesanopanen | video | podcast
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- Microsoft 365 community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Open-source – SharePoint & Open-source PnP | github.com/sharepoint & github.com/pnp
- SharePoint Framework | aka.ms/spfx
- SharePoint Framework samples – web parts & extensions | aka.ms/spfx-webparts, aka.ms/spfx-extensions
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video – Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint look book
- Preparing for Page Transformation UI v1
- Support/Github site
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Install the latest version from NuGet
- Install the latest version from PowerShell Gallery
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Office 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Next Meeting is October 15, 2020, see you there!
General Microsoft 365 Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general Microsoft 365 development topics. This includes Microsoft Teams, Bots, Microsoft Graph, CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the Microsoft 365 community from http://aka.ms/m365pnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/m365-dev-sig. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the Microsoft 365 community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft – 2nd of October 2020