Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from May 28, 2020.
Latest news from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint engineering.
M365 PnP Community’s General SIG call on May 28. Three demos were delivered: 1) Preview of upcoming CSOM .NET Standard version, 2) Building Microsoft Teams tabs with #Blazor and Asp.NETCore3.1, and 3) Overview of Site Design Studio V2. Open-source project updates include: Early Preview 1 of Microsoft Graph – first Microsoft 365 SDK (.Net Standard), PnP CSOM Library refresh on May 2020 release, Modernization scanner V2.11, and a new version of yo teams V2.11. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Demos delivered in this session.
- Review on upcoming CSOM .NET Standard version – The minor differences – the 1%, between CSOM and CSOM for .NET are defined in this session. CSOM .Net gives you the ability to implement C# code running in Azure functions and connecting to SharePoint APIs, or APIs not yet available in Microsoft Graph. Quick walk through on setting up access token-based authentication.
- Building Microsoft Teams tabs with #Blazor and Asp.NETCore3.1 – Blazor is an open-source interactive web framework being developed by Microsoft and part of .NET using C#. See how authentication flows from Teams to your Blazor tab, how to call Microsoft Graph endpoints, how get the current Teams token, and how the “Blazored PnP Team Roster” Teams tab was created.
- Site Designs for Power Users with Site Designs Studio – A new version of Site Design Studio (V2) has been released. This low/no code tool is designed for Power Users who understand Lists, Fields, Content Types… and who have a basic knowledge of JSON. No knowledge of PowerShell, Office 365 CLI or REST APIs is required. Use Site Design Studio to provision and configure sites.
Topics covered in this call
- General community news – 4:15
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft), Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys.com) – 5:38
- PnP PowerShell updates – Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet) – 8:43
- Modernization tooling updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 9:50
- yo Teams updates – Wictor Wilén (Avanade) – 11:45
- Demo: Preview on upcoming CSOM .NET Standard version | Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @O365Bert – 15:22
- Demo: Building Microsoft Teams tabs with #Blazor and Asp.NETCore3.1 | Thomy Göelles (Solvion) | @thomyg – 27:37
- Demo: Site Designs for Power Users with Site Designs Studio | Yannick Plenevaux (PVX Solutions) | @yp_code – 42:54
- Q&A in chat throughout call.
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- Slides used in this community call
- Blazor web site
- Site Designs Studio V2
- SharePoint Site Script samples
- Introducing new Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices (PnP) landing page
- Microsoft 365 Community Content
- “A Lap Around Microsoft Graph Toolkit” Blog Series
- Help with GitHub? Sharing is Caring
- Parker’s Place
- Microsoft 365 & SharePoint community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Open-source – SharePoint & Open-source PnP | github.com/sharepoint & github.com/pnp
- SharePoint Framework | aka.ms/spfx
SharePoint Framework samples – web parts & extensions | aka.ms/spfx-webparts, aka.ms/spfx-extensions
- SharePoint Framework issues | aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint UserVoice | aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video – Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint look book
- Preparing for Page Transformation UI v1
- Support/Github site
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Install the latest version from NuGet
- Install the latest version from PowerShell Gallery
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Office 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Next Meeting is June 11, 2020, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 29th of May 2020