Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from July 9, 2020.
Latest news from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint engineering and updates on open-source projects: PnP CSOM Core extension, PnP PowerShell, modernization tooling and on yo teams.
- Register for First Time Contributor Session on July 24th and 27th at https://aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
- Register for Community Docs Session on July 31st and August 3rd at https://aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
- Mark your calendar – SharePoint Monthly community call 14th of July 8 AM PD Download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/sp-call Topic: Updates on Microsoft 365 Information barriers – Nikita Bandyopadhyay (Microsoft) & Sesha Mani (Microsoft). Safeguarding information moving between apps across your tenant.
- Call attention to your great work by using the #PnPWeekly in Twitter.
Demos delivered in this session
- Introduction to App Templates for Microsoft Teams – an introduction to Microsoft Teams App Templates (PnP Samples) – Low-code/No-code out-of-box plug-and-play apps that can be configured and extended. Three of the 28 templates are highlighted: Company Communicator, FAQ Plus, and Icebreaker. Quick look at the Teams App Templates Catalog/Documentation.
- Using Bot Framework Composer to build Bots without writing code – Makers and developers can use a new tool called Microsoft Bot Framework Composer to create a Bot from a template or from scratch. Objective in this session: Build a very simple Bot that can answer questions stored in a Q&A Maker knowledge base and implement language understanding.
- How to provision a SharePoint list and resources with ExecuteSiteScriptAction in Power Automate – by calling a special API end-point called ExecuteSiteScriptAction. The action can be used and reused by Makers/Developers to create a custom list. Also use it to apply branding, change a LOGO, activate a feature, configure regional settings for a site and add users to SP Groups.
Topics covered in this call
- General community news – 3:13
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) – 6:18
- PnP PowerShell updates – Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet) – 7:32
- Modernization tooling updates – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) – 10:06
- yo Teams updates – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) – 10:52
- Demo: Introduction to App Templates for Microsoft Teams | Kiran Thomas (Microsoft) | @notkiran – 12:18
- Demo: Using Bot Framework Composer to build Bots without writing code | Stephan Bisser (Solvion) | @stephanbisser – 27:40
- Demo: How to provision SharePoint list and resources with ExecuteSiteScriptAction in Power Automate | John Liu | @johnnliu – 45:16
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- Slides used in this community call
- App Templates for Microsoft Teams
- Bot Framework Composer Documentation
- Bot Framework Composer Series – 1 – Use Adaptive Cards
- Microsoft Bot Framework Composer
- Microsoft Bot Framework Web Chat
- Bot Framework Chat React App Customizer
- Learn to Bot
- How to provision SharePoint list and resources with only standard Microsoft Flow using ExecuteSiteScriptAction
- Site design JSON schema
- Site Designs Studio V2
- SharePoint Starter Kit v2
- Yo Teams video training package
- .NET Standard 2.0 version of SharePoint Online CSOM API
- PnP Weekly – Episode 90 – Guest Dan Wahlin
- Microsoft 365 & SharePoint community (PnP) videos | aka.ms/m365pnp-videos
- Open-source – SharePoint & Open-source PnP | github.com/sharepoint & github.com/pnp
- SharePoint Framework | aka.ms/spfx
SharePoint Framework samples – web parts & extensions | aka.ms/spfx-webparts, aka.ms/spfx-extensions
- SharePoint Framework issues | aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint UserVoice | aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
- yo Teams | aka.ms/yoteams
- Video – Getting started using yo Teams | Wictor Wilén (Avanade)| @wictor
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint look book
- Preparing for Page Transformation UI v1
- Support/Github site
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Install the latest version from NuGet
- Install the latest version from PowerShell Gallery
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Office 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Next Meeting is July 23, 2020, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 PnP team, Microsoft – 10th of July 2020