Recording of the Microsoft 365 – General M365 development Special Interest Group (SIG) community call from March 19, 2020.
Latest news from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint engineering around PnP CSOM Core extension, PnP PowerShell and on modernization tooling. PnP-Sites-Core, PnP-PowerShell and Modernization tooling were moved to GitHub PnP on March 19th. The Microsoft Teams yeoman generator was moved to the PnP organization in GitHub two weeks ago. URL redirects are in place. March tool releases were delivered last week for PnP CSOM and PnP PowerShell. Looking forward: The April releases on PnP CSOM and PnP PowerShell will include the API and cmdlets for creating an tenant-based App Catalog. The March release for Modernization tooling last week includes a Term Mapping preview which is expected to be GA in the April release.
Three demos were delivered in this session. 1) Amazing list experience adjustments with column and view formatting – Update column formatting JSON schema using ARIA attributes to pass information to the ChromeVox (a Chrome extension for the visually impaired) screen reader that verbalizes value/status of formatted fields. 2) Enhanced Styles for List Formatting in Lists Web Part – This SPFx Web Part is used to put CSS styles on a single page. Add CSS styles, banners, hover effects, tilt photos in a list, customize fonts, animations, sprites and more. Use this web part responsibly! and 3) Getting started on using yo Teams for building your Microsoft Teams solutions – If you’re new to Teams app development, this demo will quickly show you how to install and get started on using Yo Teams – the Microsoft Teams app generator.
The call was hosted by Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft).
Topics covered on March 19, 2020
- General community news – 6:56
- PnP CSOM Core library updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 9:05
- PnP PowerShell updates – Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet) – 11:14
- Modernization tooling updates – Bert Jansen (Microsoft) – 14:00
- Demo: Amazing list experience adjustments with column and view formatting | Chris Kent (DMI) | @theChrisKent – 16:45
- Demo: Enhanced Styles for List Formatting in Lists Web Part | David Warner (Catapult) | @DavidWarnerII and Hugo Bernier (Point Alliance) | @bernierh – 31:04
- Demo: Getting started on using yo Teams for building your Microsoft Teams solutions | Wictor Wilen (Avanade) | @wictor – 43:40
- Q&A in chat throughout call.
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- Slides used in this community call
- Column formatting documentation
- ARIA accessibility resources
- Formatting samples
- Enhanced list formatting sample
- CSS Pseudo-Elements
- CSS Pseudo-Classes
- CSS Animations
- Yo Teams GitHub repo
- Build a crisis management site to connect people and information
- Sharing is Caring | https://aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
- PnP Weekly – Episode 75 with guest Tracy van der Schyff
- Developer documentation | https://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- PnP Power Shell
- PnP Provisioning Schema – v 201909
- PnP Provisioning Schema (preview) – v 202002
- SharePoint look book
- Sharing is Caring page
- List formatting samples
- List column formatting documentation
- Preparing for Page Transformation UI v1
- Support/Github site
- SharePoint Modernization Partner Guidance – Feedback welcome
- Install the latest version from NuGet
- Install the latest version from PowerShell Gallery
- Guidance – Sharing is caring
- Solution – Building a modern search experiences with SharePoint Framework web parts
- SharePoint Modernization Partner (Anyone) Guidance – First release!
- Page transformation guidance
- Page transformation videos
- Modernization scanner
- Office 365 developer program site – Need to become a Tenant Admin to test look book capabilities? Get a Microsoft 365 E5 developer subscription (free tenant for 90 days)
- SharePoint Provisioning Service – Easily provision look book designs to any tenant in the world
- SharePoint Provisioning templates on Github
- PnP Provisioning Tenant Templates documentation
- Page transformation documentation
- SharePoint Page Transformation webcast series
- PnP Power Shell
- SharePoint Modernization Tools
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is April 2, 2020, see you there!
General SharePoint Dev Special Interest Group bi-weekly calls are targeted for anyone who’s interested in the general SharePoint development topics. This includes CSOM, REST, site provisioning, PnP PowerShell, PnP Sites Core, Site Designs, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, Column Formatting, list formatting etc. topics. More details on the SharePoint development community from http://aka.ms/sppnp. We also welcome community demos, if you are interested in doing a live demo in these calls!
You can download recurrent invite from http://aka.ms/spdev-sig-call. Welcome and join in the discussion. If you have any questions, comments or feedback, feel free to provide your input as comments to this post as well. More details on the SharePoint development community and options to get involved are available from http://aka.ms/sppnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 20th of March 2020