In this weekly discussion of the latest news and topics around Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm, are joined by Sébastien Levert | @sebastienlevert – Office Apps and Services MVP and head of product at Valo Intranet. In this milestone Episode 100, Sébastien (Séb) interviews Vesa and Waldek asking questions submitted by community members covering the full gambit of why, what, how. Obversely, Séb was asked why his team uses SPFx for Microsoft Teams development to which he responded: SPFx developers are now all Teams developers and for simplicity. SPFx Teams tabs, Graph, Authentication… it’s all connected which means faster time to market! 17 recently released articles from Microsoft and the PnP Community are highlighted as well.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, October 12, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 – 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- European SharePoint Conference (ESPC20) – upcoming online training event | Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman
- Microsoft.Identity.Web is now generally available! | Microsoft
- Global Microsoft 365 Developer Bootcamp | Ayca Bas (Microsoft) | @aycabs, Bob German (Microsoft) | @Bob1German & Rabia Williams (Microsoft) | @williamsrabia
- Should I stay or should I go…Bookmarks vs Promoted Results | Bill Baer (Microsoft) | @williambaer
- Making the most of Answers in Microsoft Search | Bill Baer (Microsoft) | @williambaer
- A preview on PnP Framework just shipped | Bert Jansen (Microsoft) | @o365bert
- Cross Platform PnP PowerShell Released | Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet) | @erwinvanhunen
- The power of PnP Core SDK running on a Raspberry Pi | Paul Bullock (Capa Creative) | @pkbullock
- Game Changer – Cross Platform PnP Framework and PowerShell Preview Releases | Pete Skelly (ThreeWill) | @pskelly
- Beginners Guide to MS Teams Development #2: Bots | Tomomi Imura (Microsoft) | @girlie_mac
- SharePoint Framework Five “W”s & 1 “H” Answered – Overview | Andrew Connell (Voitanos) | @andrewconnell
- Microsoft Lists for Teams 10 Minute Overview | April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam
- MSIgnite Analysis — Employee Engagement with Yammer, SharePoint, Teams and Stream | Darrell as a Service | @DarrellaaS, Sarah Haase (U.S. Bank) | @SarahHaase, and Daniel Glenn (InfoWorks, Inc) | @DanielGlenn
- Teams governance != M365 governance | Loryan Strant (Insync Technology) | @LoryanStrant
- Get all Teams a User is Part of using PowerShell PnP | Veronique Lengelle (CPS Solutions) | @veronicageek
- Episode #119 – Microsoft Teams Extensibility (from a developer’s viewpoint) | Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @PaoloPia
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative – Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing in the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices Team – 13th of October 2020