In this 1st installment after the 100th installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm, are joined by Vincent Biret (Microsoft) |@baywet, MVP alum, blogger, and presently a software engineer on the Microsoft Graph SDK team. A number of topics were covered during today’s discussion – Program Management and Development at Microsoft, the advantage of being an SDK developer is working with Community and the elusive “inbox zero” including the novel approach identified by the cohort during this session to address. Covered as well, where Community can contribute to SDKs – Handlers, helper methods, code validation in various languages, and one area where the Graph SDK team is investing – a consistent authentication and authorization experience. 15 recently released articles from Microsoft and the PnP Community are highlighted as well.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek, or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, October 19, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 – 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Hi5 employee engagement app now integrates with Microsoft Teams | Ankur Yadav (Microsoft)
- Learning and Networking Days – two FREE, one-day events from the EU Collaboration Summit event team | Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman
- Announcing the General Availability of Microsoft Graph Teams Membership API | Abhishek Anand (Microsoft)
- My personal experience as a Program Manager and switching back to development | Vincent Biret (Microsoft) | @baywet
- Popular PnP repositories and how to get started contributing | Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas) | @bernierh
- Analyze Microsoft 365 User Profile Photos using Azure Computer Vision API and CLI for Microsoft 365 | Joseph Velliah | @josephvelliah
- What is the right approach to cache data in your solution? | Elio Struyf (Valo Intranet) | @eliostruyf
- How to identify the font rendered in your Browser? | Stefan Bauer (N8D) | @StfBauer
- 250 million reasons to build applications on Microsoft 365 | Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- Build a Me-experience in Microsoft Teams | Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- #19 Inbox zero is a trap | Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm
- How does the SharePoint Framework work? | Andrew Connell (Voitanos) | @andrewconnell
- How to Deploy PnP Modern Search Web Parts | Agnes Molnar (Search Explained) | @molnaragnes
- SharePoint Syntex. First steps with Intelligent Content Types and Compliance | Joanne Klein | @JoanneCKlein
- Custom Praise badges in Microsoft Teams | Robert Crane (CIAOPS) | @directorcia
- Microsoft Graph in the GitHub
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative – Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices Team – 20th of October 2020