In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm, are joined by Darrel Miller (Microsoft) | @darrel_miller, Developer, Evangelist, and API Architect on the Microsoft Graph (Developer Experience) team. The team that creates developer tooling – Graph Explorer, Graph SDK, Documentation, and the API Review Board that helps other Microsoft 365 teams (approx. 50) expose (with consistency) their APIs in Microsoft Graph.
Discussion on challenges getting developers to use the APIs, the _v2 property, evolution of the SDK, Microsoft Identity Web.MicrosoftGraph, auto-generated code, API surface quality control, and the Graph “no breaking change policy.” Microsoft Graph’s fundamental mission is making life easier for developers by rigorously coordinating consistency, non-duplication, and usage of the API surface by both Microsoft and partner developers. Coverage on 17 recently released articles and videos from Microsoft and the PnP Community are highlighted as well. This episode was recorded on Monday, November 2, 2020.
This episode was recorded on Monday, November 2, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 – 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- What’s New in Microsoft Teams | October 2020 | Microsoft Teams
- SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: October 2020 | Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman
- Microsoft Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio Code | Microsoft Teams Platform
- Microsoft.Identity.Web.MicrosoftGraph Nuget package | Microsoft
- Microsoft Teams App Generator (Yo Teams) v 2.16 | Microsoft 365 PnP team | @m365pnp
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v3.2 | Microsoft 365 PnP team | @m365pnp
- How to create an RSS reader using SharePoint news | João Ferreira (Beezy Inc) | @joao12ferreira
- How to save a Microsoft Lists personal lists as a template | João Ferreira (Beezy Inc) | @joao12ferreira
- SP Editor Chrome Extension v5.6.1 – with Microsoft Graph SDK Console – Tomi Tavela (RND Works) | @tavikukko
- Deploy an SPFx WebPart using GitHub actions and the CLI for Microsoft 365 – Patrick Lamber (Experts Inside AG) | @patricklamber
- Creating a user scoped property for SPFx web parts | Ram Prasad (Infineon Technologies) | @ram_meenavalli
- Build a SharePoint / Fluent UI compliant grid from scratch | Stefan Bauer (N8D) | @StfBauer
- Develop SPFx web parts for different section designs using CSS | Stefan Bauer (N8D) | @StfBauer
- How to deploy Microsoft Teams app templates in your tenant | Luise Freese | @LuiseFreese
- How to post a SharePoint news link programmatically | João Ferreira (Beezy Inc) | @joao12ferreira
- What is Project Cortex? What is SharePoint Syntex | Sarah Haase (U.S. Bank) | @SarahHaase, Antonio Maio (Protiviti) | @AntonioMaio2 & Mike Maadarani (MCM Consulting) | @mikemaadarani
- Build “One Productivity Hub” using Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Graph Toolkit | Ayca Bas (Microsoft) | @aycabs
- Microsoft Graph in Microsoft docs
- Microsoft Graph in the GitHub
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative – Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices Team – 3rd of November 2020