In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm, are joined by MVP, “Stickerpreneur”, conference speaker, and engineering lead Elio Struyf (Valo Intranet) | @eliostruyf.
Their discussion focuses on building products on the Microsoft 365 platform, from a partner perspective. Angles explored – platform control, product ownership, communications, a marriage, importance of roadmap, areas for improvement, communications, and value. Considerations behind product development and distribution strategy including on-Prem, SAAS offering or delivery to customer to host in their own cloud with assistance from partners. Valo is effectively an ISV that delivers solutions like an SI.
14 articles and 2 events from Microsoft and PnP Community contributors are highlighted in this session recorded on Monday, January 25, 2021.
This episode was recorded on Monday, January 25, 2021.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 – 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Friday, January 29th, 2021 – Power of the Cloud – Microsoft 365 Cloud Power User Virtual Conference
- Thursday, January 28th, 2021 – CollabDays Birmingham 2021
- Notifications from Yammer communities are now available in Microsoft Teams – Microsoft
- 7 tips for safe online meetings and collaboration with Microsoft Teams – Microsoft
- “Making risk less risky” 🎙 – The Intrazone podcast – Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman, Chris McNulty (Microsoft) | @cmcnulty2000, Martina Grom (atwork) | @magrom and Christophe Fiessinger (Microsoft) | @cfiessinger
- Guides and tools to design your Microsoft Teams app effectively – Microsoft
- Get the Microsoft Lists app for iOS – Mark Kashman (Microsoft) | @mkashman
- Format an image column with preview in Microsoft Lists and SharePoint – João Ferreira (Beezy) | @joao12ferreira
- Testing out the new Power Automate/Flow commands in PnP.PowerShell + Bonus Script: Export all Flows using PnP.PowerShell – Leon Armston (Intelogy) | @LeonArmston
- Understanding why you at least must consider to go isolated – William van Strien (ASML) | @wvstrien
- Building a Microsoft Teams bot for AppSource: Posting an Adaptive Card carousel as a welcome message – Vardhaman Deshpande (Valo Intranet) | @vrdmn
- Use multiple Node.js versions on your computer (and develop a SPFx webpart) – Toni Pohl (atwork) | @atwork
- Markdown Explained in Under 10 Minutes – April Dunnam (Microsoft) | @aprildunnam
- Episode #138 – Introducing the new PnP Framework v. 1.0.0 – Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys) | @paolopia
- Post a SharePoint news or page in Yammer – Juan Carlos González (Ricoh España) | @jcgm1978
- Organisational ownership of Microsoft 365 is not so straightforward – Loryan Strant (Insync Technology) | @LoryanStrant
- Doctor – the static site generator for SharePoint – Tool from Elio Struyf on converting Markdown documentation to modern SharePoint pages
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative – Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practice (PnP) – 26th of January