In this installment of the weekly discussion revolving around the latest news and topics on Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen, Waldek Mastykarz (Microsoft) | @waldekm, are joined by Ed Everett, Principal Group Program Manager from Microsoft, leading the platform extensibility efforts for OneDrive and SharePoint areas. The trio talk about continued integrations of infrastructure and app platform across Microsoft 365, including still tighter integration with Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Graph, Power Platform, resource-based consent for app development, several SPFx updates, and more on forms customization. Also discussed the impact of remote working, 1 event and 19 articles from Microsoft and Community, work updates from the hosts, and an invitation to tune into an New Microsoft 365 service announcement from Satya Nadella and Jared Spataro on Thursday, February 4th, 9:00 am EST. The session was recorded on Monday, February 1, 2021.
This episode was recorded on Monday, February 1, 2021.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 – 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- Thursday, February 4th, 2021 – Reimage the Employee Experience
- What’s New in Microsoft Teams | January 2021 – Microsoft
- Welcome to WorkLab — a site devoted to the future of work – Jeff Teper (Microsoft)
- WorkLab – Exploring the Science of Work and Ingenuity – Microsoft
- New Microsoft Lists adoption center – Andrea Lum (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Lists Adoption – Track information. Organize work. Customize for your team – Microsoft
- What’s Coming for Office Add-ins in 2021 – Tristan Davis (Microsoft)
- Build your personalized enterprise search experience with PnP Modern Search v4 solution – Microsoft 365 PnP Community | @m365pnp
- Microsoft Graph Mailbag – Batch requests with Power Automate custom connectors – Ayca Bas (Microsoft) | @Aycabs
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v3.5 – Microsoft 365 PnP Community | @m365pnp
- New version of the PnP PowerShell – Open-source cross-platform PowerShell module to manage Microsoft 365 – Microsoft 365 PnP Community | @m365pnp
- Office Add-in Development Community (PnP) – December 2020 update – Office Add-ins Community
- Convert Webparts to Functional Components (React Hooks) – Robert Pearmain (yorcloud)
- Support for channel moderation in Microsoft Graph – Jarbas Horst (Valo Intranet) | @devjhorst
- Live London Underground Line Status Solution Summary & Learnings From Converting To Azure Logic Apps – Leon Armston (Intelogy) | @LeonArmston
- SharePoint List Rules – Laura Rogers (IW Mentor) | @WonderLaura
- Different ways of consuming organizational data (i.e. SharePoint or MS Graph API or other) from SPFx web parts – Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq) | @sergeev_srg
- Export conversations from Microsoft Teams Channels with CLI for Microsoft 365 – Joseph Velliah | @josephvelliah
- MyAnalytics + Pomodoro = Microsoft 365 powered productivity – Loryan Strant (Insync Technology) | @LoryanStrant
- Microsoft Teams revised in-meeting experience — #179 – Daniel Glenn (InfoWorks, Inc) | @DanielGlenn, Darrell Webster (Modern Workplace Change) | @darrellaas
- Doctor – the static site generator for SharePoint – Tool from Elio Struyf on converting Markdown documentation to modern SharePoint pages
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative – Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing to the community
- Check out all the great community calls, SDKs, and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions for Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practice (PnP) – 2nd of February