In this weekly discussion of latest news and topics around Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), are joined by Vesa Nopanen – principle consultant at Finland-based Sulava and MVP for Office Apps and Services focusing on Microsoft Teams. The group delves into why Teams is a passion for Vesa, as well as into topics like working asynchronously, guiding customers to Teams adoption, how digital transformation has been accelerated by the pandemic, a partner’s responsibility to show value in customers context and more. Additionally, 17 recently released articles from Microsoft and the PnP Community are highlighted – many post Ignite summaries and an announcement on the newest Cloud Developer Advocate for Microsoft 365.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, September 28, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 45 – 60 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly. We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
- What’s New in Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Ignite 2020 | Microsoft
- Creating customized meetings experiences with apps in Microsoft Teams | Microsoft
- Innovations for workplace communications and employee engagement in Microsoft 365 | Dan Holme (Microsoft) | @danholme
- The home site app for Microsoft Teams | Tejas Mehta (Microsoft) | @tpmehta
- Announcing SharePoint Syntex | Seth Patton (Microsoft) | @SethPat
- What’s new for Microsoft Search – Ignite 2020 Edition | Bill Baer (Microsoft) | @williambaer
- Ignite 2020: The emergence of Microsoft Graph services | Microsoft
- Security and Compliance controls in SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams – Roundup for Sep 2020 | Sesha Mani (Microsoft) | @SeshaManiS
- My last week at Rencore | Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) | @waldekm
- Teams news summary of Microsoft Ignite | Vesa Nopanen (Sulava) | @vesanopanen
- TeamsFest | October 2020 | Chris Hoard (Vuzion) | @Microsoft365Pro
- Create Power Apps in Teams – New, easy database | Laura Rogers (IW Mentor) | @WonderLaura
- MS Ignite and Microsoft Lists announcements | Laura Rogers (IW Mentor) | @WonderLaura
- Custom Help Link – External Sharing in Microsoft 365 | Joanne Klein | @JoanneCKlein
- I was wrong about Microsoft Teams | Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore) | @waldekm
- Microsoft Teams: What Happens When… – Top 10 Things to Look Out for When Using Microsoft Teams | Veronique Lengelle (TSG) | @veronicageek
- Modern Workplace and Microsoft Teams online conference
- PnP Sharing is Caring initiative – Getting started guidance and training for using GitHub and contributing in the community
- Checkout all the great community calls, SDKs and tooling for Microsoft 365 from https://aka.ms/m365pnp
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices Team – 29th of September 2020