In this session of PnP Weekly, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), and typically a special guest from the PnP Community, discuss the latest news and topics around Microsoft 365 development.
In this episode, Vesa and Waldek are joined by Franck Cornu – Office 365 developer, architect and owner of aequos out of Montreal, Canada. Franck’s strength is bringing and bridging 3 perspectives – Developer, Architect and Functional Consultant, in every customer conversation. His collaborative approach is – define the backlog together, translate to functional requirements, consider functionality available from community and then define requirements for code, test and final delivery. Lately, Franck has been very actively contributing to the PnP Modern SharePoint Search solution web part. Why contribute? He hates doing the same thing over and over again. Sound familiar? For a project – develop something generic (no customer logic) and share it with community and for the same project grab a capability and use it. Community contribution is a 2-way street with many benefits including “useful” development.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Tuesday, March 3, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly (or older #SPDevWeekly). We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
Microsoft / PnP articles:
- Redmond O365 Saturday | O365Seattle
- SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: February 2020 | Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- New SharePoint CSOM version released for SharePoint Online – February 2020 | Microsoft
- Announcing change notifications for Microsoft Teams messages | Nick Kramer (Microsoft)
- Office 365 CLI v2.7 | Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore)
- Microsoft 365 Community Docs | Marc D Anderson (Sympraxis Consulting)
- PnP Modern Search solution | Franck Cornu (aequos) | Mikael Svenson (Microsoft)
- Tutorial – Create an end-to-end Office 365 groups provisioning solution | Franck Cornu (aequos) | Vincent Biret (Microsoft)
- Localization in SPFx Solutions when a user can speak several languages | Laura Kokkarinen (Sulava)
- Utilize Playwright together with Jest to cross-browser E2E test your solutions | Elio Struyf (Valo Intranet)
- SharePoint Framework tips & tricks: avoid css styles leaking from third party libraries | Sergei Sergeev (Mastaq)
- Microsoft Bot Framework v4: Send proactive messages to Teams channels and users | Vardhaman Deshpande (Valo Intranet)
- How to grant admin consent to an API programmatically | Sahil Malik (Microsoft)
- Bob German – Teams development videos | Bob German (Microsoft)
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint/Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 4th of March 2020