In this weekly discussion of latest news and topics around Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), are joined by Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft) – Senior Program Manager for Microsoft FastTrack, and esteemed starter/maintainer of the PnPjs open-source project.
Today’s topics: FastTrack program, evolution of SharePoint and PnPjs, and breaking change – growth through destruction, resets, and incremental performance improvements. Microsoft’s FastTrack program helps customers to deploy Microsoft cloud solutions and at present is very actively helping universities and other healthcare organizations on the COVID front-lines to leverage the cloud to advance their time-sensitive work. If you or your customer is on the front line and need to make things happen now, go to the FastTrack Portal and create an RFA. Follow the guidance in the banner at the top of the page including e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, if necessary for assistance.
Hold the date: Multilingual publishing is now general availability and DC Padur will be with us to cover this topic in depth during our monthly PnP community call on April 14th.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, April 6, 2020.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly (or older #SPDevWeekly). We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
Microsoft / PnP articles:
- New Microsoft 365 offerings for small and medium-sized businesses | Microsoft
- SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: March 2020 | Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- Modernizing SharePoint Managed Metadata Services (MMS) | Chris McNulty (Microsoft)
- Deferred end of support date for Basic Authentication in Exchange Online | Sivaprakash Saripalli (Microsoft)
- New licensing options for Microsoft 365 for unattended scenarios | Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI v2.9 | PnP team
- Parker’s Place – PnP Swag – all proceeding to charity | Parker’s Place
- SharePoint tips and resources for your COVID-19 communication site | Susan Hanley
- PiaSys Tech Bites – Episode #95 – Sharing with PnPjs | Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys)
- Microsoft Identity Development twitter account merged with Microsoft 365 Developer | Microsoft
- Send SharePoint items to second-stage recycle bin with PnP PowerShell | Joel Rodrigues (Storm Technology Ltd)
- Trigger When a file is created or modified in SharePoint | Joel Rodrigues (Storm Technology Ltd)
- Adaptive Cards Host SharePoint Framework web part | Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas) | Paul Schaeflein (AddIn365)
- Display the solution version in your web part | Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas)
- SharePoint HTTP connector: Send a no-reply email from a specific sender name in a Flow | Michel Mendes
- SPFx export to CSV – using React CSV and Office UI Fabric control | Veerasekar (Cognizant Technology Solutions UK)
- Deleting the Treacherous Wiki tab as a part of your Teams provisioning process | Laura Kokkarinen (Sulava)
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint/Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 7th of April 2020