In this weekly discussion of latest news and topics around Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), are joined by Maarten Eekels – Microsoft MVP, Microsoft Regional Director and Chief Digital Officer of Portiva, in the Netherlands.
The trio discusses how organizations are transitioning (rapidly as of late) and new partner opportunities (and challenges) are surfacing as a result of changes forced on them by the COVID-19 pandemic. Project reprioritization – smaller projects are leading to larger projects, cloud adoption is accelerating, Microsoft Teams usage is high and driving SharePoint and wider Microsoft 365 and Azure Platform adoption, and development focus is on extending the platform rather than waiting on changes to the platform. While citizen development empowers, it also necessitates the need for governance, change management and education. Fortunately, internal “ambassador” programs are emerging as a means to communicate change. 21 newly released Microsoft and PnP Community articles are discussed in this episode as well.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, May 4, 2020.
- Video at Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel.
- Podcast format at http://pnpweekly.podbean.com.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly (or older #SPDevWeekly). We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
Microsoft / PnP articles:
- Microsoft Build 2020 | Microsoft
- Microsoft 365 developer Learn Paths – localized | Microsoft
- SharePoint Roadmap Pitstop: April 2020 | Mark Kashman (Microsoft)
- What’s New in Microsoft Teams | April 2020 | Microsoft
- SharePoint spaces | Microsoft
- A Lap around Microsoft Graph Toolkit Day 5 – Customizing Components using Templates | Fabio Franzini
- A Lap around Microsoft Graph Toolkit Day 6 – The Power of mgt-get | Cameron Dwyer (OnePlace Solutions)
- Leads LOB Solution – Demo solution of multi-tab personal app for Microsoft Teams | Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore)
- How to build an interactive library using SharePoint Spaces | João Ferreira (Beezy Inc)
- Create SharePoint Spaces templates using PnP PowerShell | João Ferreira (Beezy Inc)
- Microsoft Teams – The Day After | Nicki Borell (Xperts At Work)
- Site Designs Studio V2 is out ! | Yannick Plenevaux (PVX Solutions)
- Getting Started with React Hooks in SPFx | Aakash Bhardwaj (HCL Technologies)
- How to Use PnP ComboBoxListItemPicker Control in SPFx | Siddharth Vaghasia (Tata Consultancy Services)
- The Case for a Native SharePoint Questions and Answers Solution | Bo George (ThreeWill)
- Should You Use PnP Provisioning Engine or Site Scripts? | William Holland (ThreeWill)
- No-code modern SharePoint site redirect | Joel Rodrigues (Storm Technology)
- Automatically Post YouTube Videos to a Yammer Group | Ravi Chandra (Netwoven)
- Retention in SharePoint Online: The What | Joanne Klein
- Why SharePoint Training is Important | Veronique Lengelle (TSG)
- Pre-heat or cool your Tesla with Microsoft Power Automate and the Tesla API | Niek Jachimowski (Portiva)
- SharePoint look book with Crisis template
- Microsoft 365 learning pathways
- ShareGate – “Move to cloud” commercial
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint/Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 5th of May 2020