In this weekly discussion of latest news and topics around Microsoft 365, hosts – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft), Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore), are joined by Paul Schaeflein – MVP, Developer, Technical Architect and Microsoft 365 Podcaster in Chicago, Illinois, based Addin365. Paul is focused on helping peers and customers use the parts of Microsoft 365 that are relevant to their job. What is the Microsoft 365 opportunity for developers? Of course, that depends. Microsoft 365 provides many options. First understand and bridge the gap between what your staff can do (their knowledge) and what the service can do for you/them. Key focus areas for newbies? Learn how to write and secure an API, understand React and now React hooks, know your native coding tool – editor, know how to use search engines to find people and information efficiently, understand how to interact with a service you don’t own and finally, keep learning.
As always, if you need help on an issue, want to share a discovery, or just want to say: “Job well done”, please reach out to Vesa, to Waldek or to your PnP Community.
This episode was recorded on Monday, May 11, 2020.
- Video at Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel.
- Podcast format at http://pnpweekly.podbean.com.
These videos and podcasts are published each week and are intended to be roughly 30-45 minutes in length. Please do give us feedback on this video and podcast series and also do let us know if you have done something cool/useful so that we can cover that in the next weekly summary! The easiest way to let us know is to share your work on Twitter and add the hashtag #PnPWeekly (or older #SPDevWeekly). We are always on the lookout for refreshingly new content. “Sharing is caring!”
Here are all the links and people mentioned in this recording. Thanks, everyone for your contributions to the community!
Microsoft / PnP articles:
- What’s new for change notifications and change tracking in Microsoft Graph – May 2020 | Vincent Biret (Microsoft)
- Announcing general availability of sensitivity labels with protection in SharePoint and OneDrive | Sesha Mani (Microsoft)
- A Lap around Microsoft Graph Toolkit Day 7 – Microsoft Graph Toolkit Providers | Simon Ågren (Sogeti)
- Using your own Azure AD identity with Office 365 CLI | Garry Trinder (CPS)
- Creating an SPFx Web Part using React Hooks | Paul Schaeflein (Addin365)
- SPFx Extension To Generate Document QR Code Using Command Sets | Siddharth Vaghasia (Tata Consultancy Services)
- Ship your Microsoft 365 solution as a single PnP package | Yannick Plenevaux (PVX Solutions)
- How to create an index for SharePoint Spaces using the content query web part | João Ferreira (Beezy)
- React Content Query web part (SharePoint Online-Compatible) | PnP
- Simple way to deploy any asset with your SPFx Application | João Mendes (Isobar Switzherland)
- File created or modified in SharePoint – broken trigger | Joel Rodrigues (Storm Technology)
- Identifying if a Teams personal app runs from Teams Web or Teams Desktop Client | Jarbas Horst (Valo Intranet)
- Add SPFx Web Part to a Full Width Column | João Mendes (Isobar Switzherland)
- How to Call an External API from a SPFx WebPart | Siddharth Vaghasia (Tata Consultancy Services)
- 3 reasons you need to understand SharePoint User Profiles | Gregory Zelfond (SharePoint Maven)
- Retention in SharePoint Online: The How | Joanne Klein
If you’d like to hear from a specific community member in an upcoming recording and/or have specific questions to SharePoint/Microsoft 365 engineering or visitors – please let us know. We will do our best to address your requests or questions.
“Sharing is caring!”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 12th of May 2020