The SharePoint PnP Community monthly call is our general monthly review of the latest SharePoint and Microsoft 365 PnP topics (news, tools, extensions, features, capabilities, content and training), engineering priorities and community recognition for Developers, IT Pros and Makers. This monthly community call happens on the second Tuesday of each month. You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/sp-call.
In this call, the Top 10 developer and non-developer entries in UserVoice were reviewed and engineering priorities identified. Non-Dev SharePoint UserVoice focus is “Enable renaming the SPO tenant domain” while the Dev SPFx UserVoice focus is “Allow us to develop custom modern SPFx forms with custom edit experience.” Your votes do influence engineering priorities. Upcoming Sharing is Caring training includes a new session called SPFx Developer Workstation Setup and today, the first “Ask Me Anything” session (monthly Q&A now scheduled to take place each month after this call) took place and focused on Community Docs. Latest on the Road Ahead for SPFx v1.12 (Q1) features and release is covered. The Microsoft 365 Update – Community (PnP) | January 2021 – update is available now. Each and every month there are 200 + active contributors and organizations participating in this PnP Community. You are truly amazing. Thank you for your contributions and commitment. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) @vesajuvonen. Q&A took place in the chat throughout the call and there are several live questions at the end of this particular call.
Community Picture Time – “Hey neighbor, nice seeing you!” 🧡
Introduction to Learning Pathways 4.1 now as an open-source solution – this walk-through focuses on the latest open-source updates (Dec 2020) to Learning Pathways SPFx web parts. Step through updated GitHub repository structure, review contribution guidelines, preview a new capability – deep linking in Microsoft Teams using the Learning Pathways Viewer web part. Finally, how to provision Learning Pathways and a SharePoint Success site add-on in your tenant.
PnP PowerShell Core + Azure Functions = SharePoint and Teams automation – have a look at two new capabilities – Batching and creating Azure functions without writing C# code with the new PnP.PowerShell. PnP.PowerShell is a .NET Core 3.1 / .NET Framework 4.6.1 based PowerShell Module providing over 500 cmdlets that work with Microsoft 365 environments and more specifically SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams. PnP.PowerShell v1.0 will be released later this week.
- Register for Sharing is Caring Events
- First Time Contributor Session – January 19th 26th (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Community Docs Session – January 18th
- PnP – SPFx Developer Workstation Setup – January 20th
- PnP SPFx Samples – Solving SPFx version differences using Node Version Manager – January 25th
- PnP – AMA (Ask Me Anything) – PnPjs – February 9th
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/sp-call.
This call was delivered on Tuesday, January 12, 2021. The call agenda is reflected below with direct links to specific sections. You can jump directly to a specific topic by clicking on the topic’s timestamp which will redirect your browser to that topic in the recording published on the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube Channel.
- UserVoice status for non-dev focused SharePoint entries – 3:28
- UserVoice status for dev focused SharePoint Framework entries – 4:34
- SharePoint community update with latest news and roadmap – 8:01
- Community contributors and companies which have been involved in the past month – 11:48
- Demo: Introduction to Learning Pathways 4.1 now as an open-source solution – Julie Turner (Sympraxis Consulting) | @jfj1997 – 16:11
- Demo: PowerShell Core + Azure Functions = SharePoint and Teams automation – Erwin van Hunen (Valo Intranet) | @erwinvanhunen – 31:44
The full recording of this session is available from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel – http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos.
- Presentation slides used in this community call are found at OneDrive.
Additional resources on covered topics and discussions.
- Repo – Microsoft 365 learning pathways
- Documentation – Microsoft 365 learning pathways
- Project documentation – PnP PowerShell
- New Repo – PnP PowerShell
- Repo – PnP Core SDK – Batching Powering PowerShell
- PnP Weekly – Videos
- PnP Weekly – Podcasts
- M365 Community Documentation – (non-dev)
- SharePoint Documentation and Guidance – (technical)
- SharePoint Framework v1.11
- SharePoint Framework v1.11 release notes
- Exploring how to get started on open-source and community work?
- SharePoint Starter Kit
- Recurrent invite to SharePoint Development monthly calls – http://aka.ms/spdev-call
- SharePoint Developer documentation – http://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint Development Issues – http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint GitHub organization – http://github.com/SharePoint
- SharePoint Development UserVoice – new feature requests – http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
“Too many links, can’t remember” – not a problem… just one URL is enough for all Microsoft 365 community topics – http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 13th of January 2021