The SharePoint PnP Community monthly call is our general monthly review of the latest SharePoint and Microsoft 365 PnP topics (news, tools, extensions, features, capabilities, content and training), engineering priorities and community recognition for Developers, IT Pros and Makers. This monthly community call happens on the second Tuesday of each month. You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/sp-call.
In this call, the Top 10 developer and non-developer entries in UserVoice were reviewed and engineering priorities identified. Non-Dev SharePoint UserVoice focus is “Enable renaming the SPO tenant domain” while the Dev SPFx UserVoice focus presently is “Allow us to develop custom modern SPFx forms with custom edit experience.” Available now: Microsoft 365 Update – Community (PnP) – November 2020. Each and every month there are 200 + contributors and organizations actively participating in this PnP Community. Thank you for your commitment. You are truly making an impact. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) @vesajuvonen. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Community Picture Time:
Getting started with SharePoint Syntex – an offering under the Project Cortex umbrella. Syntex automates content classification and management. Specifically classifies unstructured document understanding and structured form processing using AI integrated into SharePoint. Train Syntex model with very few documents. Models are associated to libraries and lists. Operationally – upload a file, doc is classified and metadata extracted. All about automating document classification for purposes of better content discoverability. Syntex went GA in October, is considered an add-on and 30-day trials are available.
- Register for a First Time Contributor Session – November 16th (EMEA, APAC & US friendly times available)
- Register for a Community Docs Session – November 18th (2 session times)
- Register for Using PnP SPFx Samples w/NVM – November 11th & 26th
- Download the recurrent invite for this call – https://aka.ms/sp-call.
This call was delivered on Tuesday, November 10, 2020. The call agenda is reflected below with direct links to specific sections. You can jump directly to a specific topic by clicking on the topic’s timestamp which will redirect your browser to that topic in the recording published on the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube Channel.
- SharePoint community update with latest news and roadmap – 7:30
- UserVoice status for non-dev focused SharePoint entries – 3:04
- UserVoice status for dev focused SharePoint Framework entries – 4:01
- Community contributors and companies which have been involved in the past month – 9:20
- Featured Topic: Getting Started with SharePoint Syntex – Sean Squires (Microsoft) | @iamseansquires – 12:48
The full recording of this session is available from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel – http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos.
- Presentation slides used in this community call are found at OneDrive.
- Full Q&A during the call around SharePoint Syntex is also available from OneDrive – There was too many questions to get answered during the call.
Additional resources on covered topics and discussions.
- Document – Create a form processing model
- Announcement – Announcing SharePoint Syntex
- Website – SharePoint Syntex
- Documentation – Introduction to Microsoft SharePoint Syntex
- Resources – Microsoft 365 Content Services/Partner Program
- SharePoint look book
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v3
- New guidance on publishing SharePoint Framework solutions to Store | https://aka.ms/spfx
- New article series – Building for Microsoft Teams using SharePoint Framework | https://aka.ms/spfx
- New SharePoint look book templates for modern SharePoint – New employee Onboarding and multiple education scenarios |
- PnP Weekly – Videos
- PnP Weekly – Podcasts
- M365 Community Documentation – (non-dev)
- SharePoint Documentation and Guidance – (technical)
- SharePoint Framework v1.11
- SharePoint Framework v1.11 release notes
- Exploring how to get started on open-source and community work?
- SharePoint Starter Kit
- Recurrent invite to SharePoint Development monthly calls – http://aka.ms/spdev-call
- SharePoint Developer documentation – http://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint Development Issues – http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint GitHub organization – http://github.com/SharePoint
- SharePoint Development UserVoice – new feature requests – http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
“Too many links, can’t remember” – not a problem… just one URL is enough for all Microsoft 365 community topics – http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 12th of November 2020