The SharePoint PnP Community monthly call is our general monthly review of the latest SharePoint and Microsoft 365 PnP topics (news, tools, extensions, features, capabilities, content and training), engineering priorities and community recognition for Developers, IT Pros and Makers. This monthly community call happens on the second Tuesday of each month. You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/sp-call.
In this call, the latest deliveries highlighted: Key Microsoft Ignite 2020 announcements in SharePoint blog, Microsoft 365 Community (PnP) – October 2020 update, PnP Weekly episodes including today’s Episode 100 with guest host Sébastien Levert (Valo Intranet) – blog post, podcast, and additional training sessions added on Sharing-is-Caring site for learning how to contribute in Microsoft open-source efforts. Top SharePoint UserVoice non-dev focus areas include enabling renaming the SPO tenant domain and total revamp for Wikis. Top SPFx UserVoice focus is on allowing developers to develop custom modern SPFx forms with custom edit experience. There were 200 + active contributors and organizations in the last month! Thank you for your assistance. You are truly making an impact worldwide. The host of this call was Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft). Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call in the chat.
Community Picture Time:
SharePoint Framework – Latest and what’s coming? – New capabilities delivered in SPFx v1.11: Write SPFx Task Modules for Microsoft Teams, new set of metadata for SPFx solutions, support for dedicated images in app pages, support for SPFx solutions in AppSource. Road Ahead details for SPFx: Performance improvements, Permission & AuthZ, Teams improvements, Inner loop improvements. Better with Microsoft Teams is a fundamental focus.
Performance improvements and preview on Project Nucleus – Nucleus will be powering the next-gen of OneDrive and SharePoint (ODSP) web applications focusing on performance, local installation, seamless updates, and basic offline capabilities. The key is quickly rendering fully interactive content using modern Microsoft Edge and Chromium-based browsers. Project Nucleus integration with Microsoft Lists is shown and a Private Preview is announced.
- Register for a First Time Contributor Session – November 2nd, 10th & 16th
- Register for a Community Docs Session – October 14th, 19th & 26th.
- Register for Using PnP SPFx Samples w/NVM – October 20th & 27th.
- Register for Hacktoberfest, submit pull requests, get a prize.
This call was delivered on Tuesday, October 13, 2020. The call agenda is reflected below with direct links to specific sections. You can jump directly to a specific topic by clicking on the topic’s timestamp which will redirect your browser to that topic in the recording published on the Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube Channel.
- SharePoint community update with latest news and roadmap – 2:49
- UserVoice status for SharePoint Dev – 4:25
- Community contributors and companies which have been involved in the past month – 10:33
- Featured Topic: SharePoint Framework – Latest and what’s coming? – Luca Bandinelli (Microsoft) | Pat Miller (Microsoft) | @PatMill_MSFT – 13:39
- Featured Topic: Performance improvements and preview on Project Nucleus | Andrey Esipov (Microsoft) – 35:55
The full recording of this session is available from Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel – http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos.
Presentation slides used in this community call are found at OneDrive.
Additional resources on covered topics and discussions.
- Project Nucleus Private Preview
- SharePoint look book
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v3
- New guidance on publishing SharePoint Framework solutions to Store | https://aka.ms/spfx
- New article series – Building for Microsoft Teams using SharePoint Framework | https://aka.ms/spfx
- New SharePoint look book templates for modern SharePoint – New employee Onboarding and multiple education scenarios |
- Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community (PnP) – August 2020 update is available | http://aka.ms/m365pnp
- PnP Weekly – Videos
- PnP Weekly – Podcasts
- M365 Community Documentation – (non-dev)
- SharePoint Documentation and Guidance – (technical)
- SharePoint Framework v1.11
- SharePoint Framework v1.11 release notes
- Exploring how to get started on open-source and community work?
- SharePoint Starter Kit
- Recurrent invite to SharePoint Development monthly calls – http://aka.ms/spdev-call
- SharePoint Developer documentation – http://aka.ms/spdev-docs
- SharePoint Development Issues – http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- SharePoint GitHub organization – http://github.com/SharePoint
- SharePoint Development UserVoice – new feature requests – http://aka.ms/spdev-uservoice
“Too many links, can’t remember” – not a problem… just one URL is enough for all Microsoft 365 community topics – http://aka.ms/m365pnp.
“Sharing is caring”
SharePoint Team, Microsoft – 14th of October 2020