SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from September 10th is now available from the Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos. You can use SharePoint Framework for building solutions for Microsoft Teams and for SharePoint Online.
Since our last client-side call, new releases include: PnPjs v2.0.9 on September 4 and PnPjs v2.0.10 on September 10 (bug fix), CLI for Microsoft 365 v3.0, React Controls v1.20.0, React Property Controls v1.20.0 and PnP Modern Search v3.15.1. Community members delivered 7 web part samples one of which is a Microsoft Teams Development Sample. Check out the Microsoft Teams Sample Browser at aka.ms/TeamsSampleBrowser to help you locate Teams samples and extensions. A summary and recordings for last week’s PnP Virtual Conference is available now. The host of this call was Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft) @mediocrebowler. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Today’s PnP Community call attendees photo:
- Register for a First Time Contributor Session – September 14 or 16.
- Register for a Community Docs Session – September 18, 28 or 30.
- Register for Using PnP SPFx Samples w/NVM (Node Version Manager) – September 11, 15 or 29.
- Building a Microsoft Graph People Search web part – Why do we need a people search web part? Because this web part allows you to limit/filter profiles returned by Microsoft Graph. The Graph-based web part shows Person Cards from Office UI Fabric React/Fluent UI library and shows Live Person Card on hover. Configure Query and Search parameters, Styling options, template options as well as Microsoft Graph query debug mode.
- Building a licensing solution for SharePoint Framework solutions – So you want to make your add-ons available on Microsoft AppSource. Licensing options – use your own licensing management tool, use a 3rd party app or use AppSource. Create a simple license management system to manage Add-ins sold in AppSource. From the app, call a SAAS web API and inform the user if they or their tenant has license for your app. If no, then route them to license the app.
- SharePoint Starter Kit v2 Overview – soup-to-nuts tools and guidance for creating your own site. The SharePoint Starter Kit is a comprehensive solution designed for SharePoint Online and SharePoint 2019 which provides numerous SharePoint Framework (SPFx) web parts (16), extensions (4) , site collections (3), and guidance, as well as PnP PowerShell driven provisioning (3 commands) which you can use as an example and inspiration for your own customizations.
- no new extensions in last two weeks
SPFx web part samples: (https://aka.ms/spfx-webparts)
- React My Sites – João Mendes | @joaojmendes
- Accessible Accordion – Erik Benke | @erikjbenke and Mike Zimmerman | @mikezimm
- Cascading Managed Metadata using Graph API – Anoop Tatti | @anooptells
- Provision SharePoint Assets with the SPFx solution package – Nanddeep Nachan | @NanddeepNachan
- Restaurant Menu – João Mendes | @joaojmendes
- Site User and Group Information – Daniel Watford | @danwatford
Microsoft Teams Development Samples: (https://aka.ms/TeamsSampleBrowser)
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos – like the Smart Profile Photo Editor this week.
- Latest updates on SharePoint Framework – 8:09
- PnPjs Client Libraries – Julie Turner (Sympraxis Consulting) | @jfj1997 – 10:10
- Office 365 CLI – Garry Trinder (CPS Solutions) | @garrytrinder – 12:22
- SPFx reusable controls – 14:47
- SPFx Generator – 15:36
- PnP Search Solution – 16:46
- PnP SPFx Samples – Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas) | @bernierh – 17:50
- Building a Microsoft Graph People Search web part – Yannick Reekmans (Qubix) | @YannickReekmans – 22:18
- Building a licensing solution for SharePoint Framework solutions – Abhishek Purohit (Microsoft) | @abpuro – 39:28
- SharePoint Starter Kit v2 Overview – Kislay Sinha (CGI) | @sinhakislay – 49:03
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- The presentation used for this community call
- Article – SPFx People Search web part based on Microsoft Graph
- Repo – Microsoft Graph People Search Web Part
- Article – PnP Modern Search solution
- Repo – Microsoft Graph People Search Web Part
- Article – SharePoint Starter Kit v2
- Blog – Announcing SharePoint Starter Kit v2
- Video – PnP Virtual Conference Session on Starter Kit
- Article – SharePoint Starter Kit v2 – an overview
- Repo – office-add-in-saas-monetization-sample
- Documentation – How to create a SaaS offer in the commercial marketplace
- Documentation – Submit your Office solution to Microsoft AppSource via Partner Center
- Guidance on publishing SharePoint Framework solutions to store
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v3 | https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/cli-microsoft-365-3/
- PnP Weekly – Episode 95 with MVP guest Tomasz Poszytek | @TomaszPoszytek
- Sharing is Caring | aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
- PnP Modern Search | aka.ms/pnp-search
- M365 PnP site | aka.ms/m365pnp
- SharePoint Starter Kit v2
- Blog: “A Lap Around Microsoft Graph Toolkit” blog series
- New Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices (PnP) team model with new community leads
- Microsoft 365 Community Content (non-Dev docs)
- PnP SPFx web part samples
- PnP SPFx extension samples
- GitHub PnPjs
- Tutorials – Getting started with SharePoint Framework v1.10 Tutorials (12 videos)
- Tutorials – Getting started with SharePoint Framework v1.10 Extensions (6 videos)
- Docs – Tutorials and training material for SharePoint Development
- SPFX Training Package
- SPFx Web Parts
- SPFx Extensions
- SPFx Library Components
- Documentation – PnPjs v2 documentation
- Link – Microsoft 365 developer training
- Link – Office 365 Developer Program
- Latest documentation on SharePoint Framework
- Found an issue with SharePoint Dev? – please let us know at http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- Reusable web part property controls
- Reusable react controls for SharePoint Framework solutions
- Reusable controls webcast
- Office 365 CLI
- PnP SPFx Yeoman Generator – Extends the out-of-the-box experience with open-source community capabilities
- SharePoint Dev UserVoice – for new feature requests
Other mentioned topics
Next Meeting is on September 24, 2020
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Share code samples and best practices
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice in SharePoint or in Microsoft Teams context
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices team – 10th of September, 2020