SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from October 22nd is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos. You can use SharePoint Framework for building solutions for Microsoft Teams and for SharePoint Online.
The Road Ahead for SPFx includes: Runtime and build time performance improvements, integrated dev tools, guidelines and samples, move to MSAL.js, store acquisition and more. PnPjs – v2.1.0-beta is out and allows isolated runtimes. Released CLI for Microsoft 365 v3.2 beta and Reusable SPFx Controls – v2.1.0. Finally 10 new/updated SPFx web part samples many updated for SPFx v1.11. It’s not too late to participate in Hacktoberfest Fest 2020. The host of this call is Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft) @mediocrebowler. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Thanks for joining us today! Where’s Monkey?
- Register for a First Time Contributor Session – November 2nd, 10th & 16th
- Register for a Community Docs Session – October 26th.
- Register for Using PnP SPFx Samples w/NVM – October 27th.
- Register for Hacktoberfest, submit pull requests, get a prize.
- NodeJs File Handler for integrating with SharePoint and OneDrive UI to handle custom file types – use your existing client-side development skills to make SharePoint and OneDrive handle your custom file types as if they were first-class citizens! Display file actions, add the ability to create, open, edit, preview, and save your custom files from within a browser. The sample code – complete with CodeTours – shows how to use the Microsoft Graph API to handle secure file access, manage metadata, handle permissions, and sharing.
- How to synchronize photos from Azure AD to SharePoint using Microsoft Graph and Azure Function – this web part will help the administrators to synchronize the User Profile Photos from Azure AD or from the local filesystem (User Photos library) to SharePoint User Profile Store. Features include User selection, Bulk sync, access control, sync status reporting, Azure function to handle photo and properties updates and PowerShell administration. Thumbnail generation (3 sizes) and Image-resize capability as well.
- Dynamically use correct field customizer type for SharePoint lists using FieldRendererHelper class – PnP reusable React “Fields Controls.” FieldRendererHelper class automatically suggests needed component type Field Control based on current Field parameters. Use one Field Customizer for any type of SharePoint call/column type. Functionally the control evaluates the field and type and calls in the appropriate control to render data type on the page The Field Customizer delivers additional CSS styling to OOB SharePoint column behavior.
- No new extensions in the last 2 weeks
SPFx web part samples: (https://aka.ms/spfx-webparts)
- Tailwind CSS (new) – Fabio Franzini |@franzinifabio
- Personal Greeting– Zach Roberts | @zachspodev
- Quick Poll – Sudharsan Kesavanarayanan |@sudharsank
- Create a Task from an Email – Luis Mañez |@luismanez
- Directory Web Part – Sudharsan Kesavanarayanan |@sudharsank
- React Calendar – Nanddeep Nachan |@nanddeepnachan
- React Carousel – Harsha Vardhini |@harshagracy
- Avatar Editor – Joel Rodrigues |@joelfmrodrigues
- Tenant Properties – Joel Rodrigues |@joelfmrodrigues
- React Calendar – Abderahman Moujahid
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos – like all three demos this week.
- Latest updates on SharePoint Framework – Vesa Juvonen (Microsoft) | @vesajuvonen – 5:57
- PnPjs Client Libraries – Julie Turner (Sympraxis Consulting) | @jfj1997 – 7:58
- Office 365 CLI – Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft) | @mediocrebowler – 9:18
- SPFx reusable controls – Alex Terentiev (Sharepointalist) | @alexaterentiev – 10:08
- PnP SPFx Samples – Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas) | @bernierh – 11:12
- NodeJs File Handler for integrating with SharePoint and OneDrive UI to handle custom file types – Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft) | @mediocrebowler – 14:29
- How to synchronize photos from Azure AD to SharePoint using Microsoft Graph and Azure Function – Sudharsan Kesavanarayanan (NTT Ltd) | @sudharsank – 26:12
- Dynamically use correct field customizer type for SharePoint lists using FieldRendererHelper class – Alex Terentiev (Sharepointalist) | @alexterentiev – 41:13
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- The presentation used for this community call
- Repo – Contoso: Markdown FileHandler
- Documentation – Adding custom preview, open, and actions to files with File Handlers 2.0
- Repo – SPUPS Photo Sync
- Blog post – SharePoint Online User Photo Sync
- Blog post – SPFx – SharePoint Online User Profile Photo Sync
- Repo – BULK UPLOAD USER PROFILE PICTURES
- Article – Information about profile picture synchronization in Microsoft 365
- Documentation – Get photo
- Documentation – FieldRendererHelper class
- Repo – react-field-pnp-field-renderer-helper
- PnP Weekly – Episode 101, with guest Vincent Biret (Microsoft) | @baywet | video, and podcast
- Guidance on publishing SharePoint Framework solutions to store
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v3
- Sharing is Caring | aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
- PnP Modern Search | aka.ms/pnp-search
- M365 PnP site | aka.ms/m365pnp
- SharePoint Starter Kit v2
- Blog: “A Lap Around Microsoft Graph Toolkit” blog series
- New Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices (PnP) team model with new community leads
- Microsoft 365 Community Content (non-Dev docs)
- PnP SPFx web part samples
- PnP SPFx extension samples
- GitHub PnPjs
- Tutorials – Getting started with SharePoint Framework v1.10 Tutorials (12 videos)
- Tutorials – Getting started with SharePoint Framework v1.10 Extensions (6 videos)
- Docs – Tutorials and training material for SharePoint Development
- SPFX Training Package
- SPFx Web Parts
- SPFx Extensions
- SPFx Library Components
- Documentation – PnPjs v2 documentation
- Link – Microsoft 365 developer training
- Link – Office 365 Developer Program
- Latest documentation on SharePoint Framework
- Found an issue with SharePoint Dev? – please let us know at http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- Reusable web part property controls
- Reusable react controls for SharePoint Framework solutions
- Reusable controls webcast
- Office 365 CLI
- PnP SPFx Yeoman Generator – Extends the out-of-the-box experience with open-source community capabilities
- SharePoint Dev UserVoice – for new feature requests
Other mentioned topics
The next meeting is on November 5, 2020
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Share code samples and best practices
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client-side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice in Microsoft Teams or SharePoint context
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices team – 23rd of October, 2020