SharePoint Framework Special Interest Group (SIG) bi-weekly community call recording from October 8th is now available from the Microsoft 365 Community YouTube channel at http://aka.ms/m365pnp-videos. You can use SharePoint Framework for building solutions for Microsoft Teams and for SharePoint Online.
The latest project releases include PnPjs v.2.0.11 and v2.1.0 beta that allows isolated runtimes, CLI for Microsoft 365 v3.1, and PnP Modern Search v3.15.3 – updates to September 2020 release. Announcing Mark Powney (Valo Intranet) is a new maintainer for CLI for Microsoft 365. Samples delivered include 3 new and updated SPFx Extensions and 12 new and updated SPFx Web Parts. Start contributing, participate in Hacktoberfest Fest 2020. The host of this call is Patrick Rodgers (Microsoft) @mediocrebowler. Q&A takes place in chat throughout the call.
Thanks for joining us today!
- Register for a First Time Contributor Session – October 9th & 12th.
- Register for a Community Docs Session – October 14th, 19th & 26th.
- Register for Using PnP SPFx Samples w/NVM – October 20th & 27th.
- Register for Hacktoberfest, submit pull requests, get a prize.
- Make your calendar to attend SharePoint monthly call on Tuesday, October 13.
- Microsoft Teams Messaging extensions using SPFx: Getting message data with Microsoft Graph – SharePoint Framework web parts can be exposed as task modules in Microsoft Teams messaging extensions. Messaging extensions allow users to interact with applications within the context of their conversations – in a channel or group chat. Access SPFx task modules from Teams Compose Box, Tabs, Personal Apps as well as from Adaptive Cards. Static and dynamic extension use cases are explained.
- Site User and Group Information Web Part – Use this Users and Groups Web part to ascertain relationships between users and groups in SharePoint and in Azure Active Directory for purposes of making informed access control decisions. User and group information from AAD is retrieved through the Microsoft Graph API and from SP via PnPjs calls to the SharePoint API. Easily determine if the user is a member of SharePoint site groups.
- Building a list editing web part with React – The React List Form web part allows users to add a list form to any page. Configure the form by pointing to an existing list and the web part generates the list form using fields from the list. Form fields can be added, ordered, or removed visually in the web part. Uses SPFx and React and Office UI Fabric libraries.
- New – PnP File Type Renderer | – Alex Terentiev (SharePointalist) |@alexaterentiev
- Google Analytics | Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas) | @bernierh
Formerly from Giuliano De Luca
- Breadcrumb Application Customizer | Swaminathan Sriram| @swaminathansri3
SPFx web part samples: (https://aka.ms/spfx-webparts)
- New – World Clocks Web Part | Jerry Yasir | @jerryyasir
- React List Form Web Part| Ryan Schouten | @shrpntknight
- React-Accordion | Beau Cameron | @beau_cameron
- New – Create To Do Task from Email (Outlook Add in)| Luis Mañez (ClearPeople) | @luismanez
- React Questions and Answers| Bo George (ThreeWill) | @bo_george
- YouTube Web Part | Ravi Chandra (Netwoven) |@ravi_maniyani
- New – Accordion with Dynamic Sections | Jerry Yasir | @jerryyasir
- New – React Save Attachments | Aakash Bhardwaj| @aakash_316
- Workbench Customizer | Joel Rodriguez| @JoelFMRodrigues
- PnPjs Explorer | Joel Rodriguez| @JoelFMRodrigues
- React Manage Profile Card Properties | Joao Mendes| @joaojmendes
- New – React Custom Links | Joao Mendes| @joaojmendes
Thank you for your work. Samples are often showcased in Demos – like all three demos this week.
- Latest updates on SharePoint Framework – 5:36
- PnPjs Client Libraries – 6:51
- Office 365 CLI – 8:28
- SPFx reusable controls – 9:17
- PnP Search Solution – 9:48
- PnP SPFx Samples – Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas) | @bernierh – 10:36
- Microsoft Teams Messaging extensions using SPFx: Getting message data with Microsoft Graph | Vardhaman Deshpande (Valo Intranet) | @vrdmn – 14:08
- Site User and Group Information Web Part | Daniel Watford (Watford Consulting Ltd) | @danwatford – 28:48
- Building a list editing web part with React | Ryan Schouten | @ShrPntKnight – 42:50
Additional resources around the covered topics and links from the slides.
- The presentation used for this community call
- Blog post – Microsoft Teams messaging extensions using SPFx: Getting the message data with Microsoft Graph
- Repo – spfx-teams-message-action
- Blog Post – The multiple identities of a SharePoint site user
- Repo – Site User and Group Information
- Document – User profile synchronization
- Web-based Tool – json2table
- Repo – React List Form Web Part
- Guidance on publishing SharePoint Framework solutions to store
- CLI for Microsoft 365 v3 | https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/office/blogs/cli-microsoft-365-3/
- PnP Weekly – Episode 99, with guest Christina Wheeler(Canviz) | @cwheeler76 | video and podcast
- Sharing is Caring | aka.ms/sharing-is-caring
- PnP Modern Search | aka.ms/pnp-search
- M365 PnP site | aka.ms/m365pnp
- SharePoint Starter Kit v2
- Blog: “A Lap Around Microsoft Graph Toolkit” blog series
- New Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices (PnP) team model with new community leads
- Microsoft 365 Community Content (non-Dev docs)
- PnP SPFx web part samples
- PnP SPFx extension samples
- GitHub PnPjs
- Tutorials – Getting started with SharePoint Framework v1.10 Tutorials (12 videos)
- Tutorials – Getting started with SharePoint Framework v1.10 Extensions (6 videos)
- Docs – Tutorials and training material for SharePoint Development
- SPFX Training Package
- SPFx Web Parts
- SPFx Extensions
- SPFx Library Components
- Documentation – PnPjs v2 documentation
- Link – Microsoft 365 developer training
- Link – Office 365 Developer Program
- Latest documentation on SharePoint Framework
- Found an issue with SharePoint Dev? – please let us know at http://aka.ms/spdev-issues
- Reusable web part property controls
- Reusable react controls for SharePoint Framework solutions
- Reusable controls webcast
- Office 365 CLI
- PnP SPFx Yeoman Generator – Extends the out-of-the-box experience with open-source community capabilities
- SharePoint Dev UserVoice – for new feature requests
Other mentioned topics
The next Meeting is on October 22, 2020
- SharePoint Framework engineering update from Microsoft
- Office 365 CLI Updates
- SPFx reusable controls
- PnP SPFx Yeoman generator
- Share code samples and best practices
- Possible engineering asks for the field – input, feedback, and suggestions
- Cover any open questions on the client side development
- Demonstrate SharePoint Framework in practice in Microsoft Teams or SharePoint context
You can download recurrent invite from https://aka.ms/spdev-spfx-call. Welcome and join the discussion!
“Sharing is caring”
Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices team – 9th of October, 2020