We are thrilled to announce the availability of a new video training package for yo teams, helping to get started on using the Microsoft Teams Yeoman generator for creating different kind of solutions for Microsoft Teams. This package is targeted to be used for self-learning by following up the steps in the videos for learning how easy it is to build solutions for Microsoft Teams.
Introduction to Microsoft Teams Yeoman generator
yo teams is a a Yeoman Generator for Microsoft Teams Apps projects. The most comprehensive and complete development toolkit for Microsoft Teams development. This generator is for developers who prefers to use TypeScript, React and node as their primary technologies. yo teams is also fully open-source project and we do welcome contributions for this generator. Your input and feedback is more than welcome.
The generator allows you to simply create and scaffold projects that includes one or more Microsoft Teams features such as:
- Bots – based on Bot Framework
- Messaging Extensions – actions and query
- Tabs, with support for Single-Sign-On
- Outgoing Webhooks
When scaffolding the project you will also have the option of adding additional features to your project such as:
- Easy deploy to Microsoft Azure
- Add unit testing framework and sample unit tests
- Easily develop and debug using ngrok
- Application Insights support
You can find more documentation on yo teams also from the Microsoft Teams developer documentation.
Training video instructors
Here are the instructors for this video training package.
- Alex Terentiev (SharePointalist)
- David Warner (Catapult Solutions)
- Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas)
- Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys)
- Laura Kokkarinen (Sulava)
- Bob German (Microsoft)
- Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore)
- Wictor Wilen (Avanade)
You can find the training video playlist from the Microsoft 365 & SharePoint Community YouTube channel. Here’s direct links to the videos.
- Installing yo teams to your computer – Alex Terentiev (SharePointalist)
- Getting started on scaffolding solutions with yo teams – David Warner (Catapult Solutions)
- Creating a bot with yo teams – Hugo Bernier (Tahoe Ninjas)
- Creating a tab with yo teams – Paolo Pialorsi (PiaSys)
- Creating a Microsoft Teams personal app (static tab) with yo teams – Laura Kokkarinen (Sulava)
- Creating a Search messaging Extension for Microsoft Teams with yo teams – Bob German (Microsoft)
- Using yo teams solutions in SharePoint Online – Waldek Mastykarz (Rencore)
- Building for multiple target environments with yo teams – Wictor Wilen (Avanade)
- yo teams in GitHub – Get involved on this open-source tooling for Microsoft Teams extensibility
- Build your First Microsoft Teams App with Microsoft Teams yeoman generator – Getting started tutorial in Microsoft Teams developer documentation
- Building Microsoft Teams Apps with Visual Studio and Visual Studio Code Extensions – Upcoming extensibility for Visual Studio and Visual Studio code for additional tooling for developers
- Microsoft 365 Patterns and Practices – Open-source tooling, components, controls and guidance for Microsoft 365 extensibility. From the community for the community!
Got ideas, feedback, comments? – Don’t hesitate to let us know. We are here for you for helping to adopt the recommended patterns for using and extending Microsoft 365.
Sharing is Caring!