New web platform features
New EdgeHTML features:
- Pointer Lock (Mouse Lock)
- Canvas blending modes
- <meter> element
- oninvalid event handler
- input type=time
- input type=text selectionDirection
New Chakra features:
- asm.js now enabled by default (previously behind a flag)
- ES2015 Classes now enabled by default (previously behind a flag)
- ES2015 conformance updates
Known issues in build
- Initial groundwork for the Object RTC API is in this build, but is not yet functional. This may trigger feature detection for Object RTC. A working implementation will be available in preview builds soon.
- Partial support for Async Functions (ES2016) is in this build, but there are known issues with the implementation which should be fixed in the next Insider release.