Steps to reproduce
- In an HTML file, add the markup above and the CSS so as to make the problem more clear.
- Open the HTML file in Internet Explorer 11, select text in the order listed above, and call document.execCommand() method as listed above too.
- See what would happen then.
When we quote either
- “paragraph 1 inside a section” and "paragraph 2 inside a section", or
- “paragraph 1 inside a div” and "paragraph 2 inside a div",
and we want to remove the quote from the second paragraph previously quoted, select that paragraph only and use document.execCommand(“outdent”) method, it would be expected that the innerHTML inside the div or section should be as simple as:
<blockquote><p>Paragraph 1 inside a section</p>
</blockquote><p dir="ltr">Paragraph 2 inside a section</p>
<blockquote><p>Paragraph 1 inside a div</p>
</blockquote><p dir="ltr">Paragraph 2 inside a div</p>
Dev Channel specific:
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Tony S.”
Changed Assigned To from “Tony S.” to “IE F.”
Changed Status to “Won’t fix”