Steps to reproduce
Download sample from:
Issue occurs only in Win 8.1 IE11 machine
- Register (regsvr32) BullsEyeCtl.dll
- Build the solution ATLCont6.sln in 32 bit and register the ATLCont6.dll from Debug folder.
- Launch the file contain.htm in Internet Explorer which loads ATL Container control ATLCont6 and this container hosts the Bulls Eye control.
- Debug in Visual Studio by attaching the IE tab process which has contain.htm loaded.
- Put a breakpoint in the below function in contain.htm in the solution
LRESULT OnParentNotify(UINT nMsg , WPARAM wParam , LPARAM lParam, BOOL& bHandled)
int fwEvent = LOWORD(wParam); // event flags
::OutputDebugString(L"LButton down message");
- And click on the Bulls Eye control in the contain.htm page in Internet Explorer.
- You will see the function OnParentNotify is getting called twice.
- results in calling the function twice as I saw in customer’s machine
- once by user32.dll!GetMessageW()
Second time by user32.dll!PeekMessage
The OnParentNotify should receive only 1 notification for each click.
Dev Channel specific:
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Kamen M.”
Changed Assigned To to “Sermet I.”
Changed Assigned To from “Sermet I.” to “Andy H.”
Changed Assigned To from “Andy H.” to “IE F.”
Changed Status to “By design”