Steps to reproduce
The way, IE is creating a complementary color for an input caret is flawed.
Input fields with mid-gray background color have no distinguishable caret.
- Please open attached sample html in IE.
- Click in each of the two fields and see that the caret is barely or not visible.
I found the behavior in the following versions:
- Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0 / Microsoft EdgeHTML 14.14393
- Internet Explorer 11.103.10586.0
- Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.17228
Apparently, it works like this:
- if it’s a grayscale, invert it, which does not work for mid-range grays (such as #7B7B7B)
- if it’s a coloured value, simply add 180° to the hue, which does not work for slightly coloured grays (such as #8B8178)
Please, also consider the lightness when finding inverted/complementary color.
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Grisha L.”
Changed Assigned To to “Rick J.”