Steps to reproduce
- I have double-clicked the .exe to run the installer.
- I click the Run button from the dialog box.
- Downloading required updates… is displayed from the Internet Explorer 11 dialog box.
- I receive an error message:
Internet Explorer did not finish installing
- I click the OK button.
- Double-clicking the Internet Explorer Troubleshooting on the Desktop takes me to:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2872074 - Troubleshooting a failed installation of Internet Explorer 11
- I have followed all the directions on the web page and none have resolved the issue.
- I have left feedback under the ‘Tell us why and what can we do to improve this information’ section and have clicked the Submit button with a description of the issue and left my contact information. I have yet to receive a reply.
- Please find attached screenshot of the Internet Explorer did not finish installing dialog box.
Internet Explorer 10 and 11 should install on the netbook regardless of the two video cards. I have the option of using either card to install the software by right-clicking on the .exe and left-clicking on the menu ‘Run with graphics processor’ with the card I want to use by left-clicking on:
High performance NVIDIA processor
Integrated graphics (default)
but, the results are the same, no success.
Note: Left double-clicking on the .exe will use the Integrated graphics as the default.
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “IPBS P.”
Changed Assigned To from “IPBS P.” to “Bruce M.”
Changed Assigned To from “Bruce M.” to “IPBS P.”
Changed Status to “Won’t fix”
Changed Assigned To from “IPBS P.” to “Osama H.”
Changed Assigned To from “Osama H.” to “Ximing Z.”