Steps to reproduce
Windows 7 x64
Version of Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.17843 (desktop, version for developers)
Version of update 11.0.20 (KB3058515)
Steps to reproduce:
- Open IE11
- Open the search page in Microsoft’s web-site and write in search form “asus”.
Press “Enter” to find Asus in pages.
- Replace in address bar the word “asus” --> “асус”
- Press “Enter”
Actual result (screen attach):
- IE11 not encode the Cyrillic word “асус” in URL
- Instead of the word “асус”, Website of Microsoft found “àñóñ". Lack of correct coding causes incorrect mapping sites content
- IE11 automatically encode the Cyrillic word “асус” in URL.
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Status to “Won’t fix”
Thank you for providing your feedback on IE11. We are not accepting feedback on Internet Explorer through this portal any longer (unless security related). However, we are pleased to report this feature is fixed in MS Edge.
The MS Edge Team