Steps to reproduce
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- load the coolcmd.html from attached testcase
- under the video you will see the text…
***** Expected *****
the text is “HTMLMediaElement.seeking == true”
***** Actual *****
the text is “HTMLMediaElement.seeking == false”
***** Explanation *****
steps performed by the testcase (see the F12 console for details):
- load the video using the MediaSource
- rewind to the beginning of the loaded video by changing the HTMLMediaElement.currentTime
- after the second step HTMLMediaElement.seeking == false, but it must be == true.
(BTW subsequent changes of the “currentTime” correctly turns “seeking” to “true”)
quotes from the HTML5 standard https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/media.html#dom-media-seek
When the user agent is required to seek to a particular new playback position in the media resource…
- Set the seeking IDL attribute to true.
- If the seek was in response to a DOM method call or setting of an IDL attribute, then continue the script. The remainder of these steps must be run in parallel.
- Await a stable state (queue a microtask).
- Set the seeking IDL attribute to false.
i.e. “seeking” must be == true until the script finishes.
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “James M.”
Changed Assigned To to “Venkat K.”
Changed Assigned To from “Venkat K.” to “Steve B.”
Changed Assigned To from “Steve B.” to “Nishant N.”
Changed Assigned To from “Nishant N.” to “Shawn P.”
Changed Assigned To from “Shawn P.” to “Gurpreet V.”