Steps to reproduce
we are having issues when editing rich-text using IE11 in our Polarion application. The issue is not easy to reproduce, but what usually makes the browser freeze completely (cannot be even closed, >90% of 1 processor core used):
- Have spell-checking turned on (Typing setting on Win10), we were not able to reproduce the issues without that.
- Login to our application on URL: https://almdemo.polarion.com/polarion/#/project/Microsoft/workitem?id=MS-509 , credentials are in the attachment. You will see a workitem form page with multiple rich-text fields (descrption can be edited after clicking the Description label, 2 more fields are below it).
- Insert long text into the fields. (It is there already, but you can try inserting more if it doesn’t freeze already)
- Try some editing in the fields - typing new text, copy-pasting, reformatting.
- If it still doesn’t freeze, try opening another window a return to the original one after a couple of minutes.
- We couldn’t reproduce the issue with spell-checking off - therefore we blame it.
- We couldn’t reproduce it with other browsers - Chrome, Firefox, Edge.
- Our front-end is based on GWT framework.
Please investigate. Thanks
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “James M.”
Thank you for providing your feedback on IE11. We are not accepting feedback on Internet Explorer through this portal any longer (unless security related). We welcome any feedback you have on Microsoft Edge through this website.
The MS Edge Team