Steps to reproduce
First and foremost: this is a weird one and these steps seem really arbitrary, but excluding either doesn’t result in the buggy behaviour.
- Click on an href with
- which results in a redirection (Moved Permanently 301) to
- a page requesting the users internal camera (
- the resulting camera image is rotated by 90° (see rotated.PNG attachment)
Since this isn’t trivial to reproduce I’ve created an example repository here:
I’ve noted how I start the server in the README.
We’ve reproduced this on 4 different machines, in case the hardware details are important (orientation sensor) please let me know and I’ll provide more details.
- Microsoft EdgeHTML 16.16299
- Microsoft Edge 41.16299.15.0
Have a great week,
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “James M.”
Changed Assigned To to “Venkat K.”
Changed Assigned To from “Venkat K.” to “Frank L.”
Changed Status to “Needs root cause”
Changed Assigned To from “Frank L.” to “Gurpreet V.”