Steps to reproduce
First and foremost: this is a weird one and these steps seem really arbitrary, but excluding either doesn’t result in the buggy behaviour.
- Click on an href with
- which results in a redirection (Moved Permanently 301) to
- a page requesting the users internal camera (
- the resulting camera image is rotated by 90° (see rotated.PNG attachment)
Since this isn’t trivial to reproduce I’ve created an example repository here:
I’ve noted how I start the server in the README.
We’ve reproduced this on 4 different machines, in case the hardware details are important (orientation sensor) please let me know and I’ll provide more details.
- Microsoft EdgeHTML 16.16299
- Microsoft Edge 41.16299.15.0
Have a great week,
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “James M.”
Changed Assigned To to “Venkat K.”
Changed Assigned To from “Venkat K.” to “Frank L.”
Changed Status to “Needs root cause”