Steps to reproduce
Affects directories that satisfy both of these conditions:
- Directory path of length between 247 and 259
- Contain .zip file(s) with total path length greater than 260
All child files fail to be resolved when calling
WebKitDirectoryReader.readEntries(function(entries)) during drag and drop of a folder that meets the above requirements. Drag and drop of individual non-zip files within the path of the same lengths, however, are resolved without issue.
Fiddle that demonstrates the issue: https://jsfiddle.net/7fj8q0fp/1/
Steps to reproduce:
addEventListener("drop", function (event))to an element.
- Drop a folder with total path length of 250 that contains a .zip file with a name greater than 10 characters long ( for example: t123456789.zip )
- observe that the resulting DataTransfer object does not resolve any of the files within the dropped folder.
- drop those same files individually (not the parent folder) and observe that those files are now resolvable via the DataTransfer object, however the names (of zip files with total path greater than 260 only) are truncated the same way that windows file explorer will truncate long file paths in the address bar, despite other file-types of equal or greater length being fully expanded.
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “James M.”
Changed Assigned To to “bbrinza”
Changed Assigned To to “Sermet I.”
Changed Assigned To to “Venkat K.”
Changed Assigned To from “Venkat K.” to “Shawn P.”
Changed Assigned To from “Shawn P.” to “Venkat K.”
Changed Assigned To from “Venkat K.” to “Ali A.”