Steps to reproduce
Given 3 or more participants in a WebRTC "Session", I only hear audio from the first participant that was subscribed. I can not hear audio from the second, third, etc.
Steps to reproduce:
On one computer:
- Open 2 tabs in Chrome:
- Head to https://meet.tokbox.com and choose a room name
- Join that room in both tabs
On another computer with Edge:
- Open https://meet.tokbox.com/<room_name> in Edge
- You should see both participants
- Try muting one at a time, ensuring to unmute the other
Audio from only one participant works.
Audio from both participants to work.
- Chrome receives audio in multi-party calls fine
- Firefox receives audio in multi-party calls fine
- Safari receives audio in multi-party calls fine
Note: This bug seems to only happen in the WebRTC API and not the ORTC API. When using the ORTC API it behaves as expected, and you can hear all participants. Adapter.js will fix this issue, but in our case, we have other issues caused by the ORTC API.
Meet doesn’t always work the first time with Edge, I’ve found more success by appending p2p to the room name. So for instance, if your room name is "foobar", then “foobarp2p” will skip the media server and connect directly P2P.
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “James M.”