Steps to reproduce
I made an order form for one of my clients, who owns a catering business, where customers can order meals. Before customers actually place their order, they can use a button to check if their submission is as expected. If not, they can use the back button to change filled in fields in the form.
Here is the problem: In Edge, and only in Edge, using the back button clears all filled in fields, so customers have to start all over again. This is, as you will understand, very user unfriendly.
The form is build in PHP and uses sessions and cookies. Since this problem only occurs in Edge and not in Chrome, FireFox, IE11, Safari or Opera, I assume this is a browser issue.
You can find the page here: https://www.dekselslekker.nl/bestellen/
I searched the web intensively to find a solution, without success.
Best Regards, Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “James M.”
Thank you for providing this information about the issue. I keep getting this error "U heeft een verkeerde postcode ingevuld". Please provide us some sample data to enter into the form so we can repro the problem.
The MS Edge Team
Thanks for your reply.
You can fill in the next data to the form:
- First part, this is the actual order data: you can fill in some numbers to place an order. Just choose some Baguettes and Broodjes;
- Opmerking: Please fill in the word TEST;
- Bezorgdatum, Tussen and en: datepicker and timepicker;
- Bedrijfsnaam: any company name;
- Contactpersoon: any first and or last name;
- Straat en huisnummer: Any street name and number;
- Postcode: postal code only 6 or 7 numbers/characters will be accepted, e.g.: 1234AB
- Plaats: Any city name;
- E-mail: Any. Has to contain a @ and a dot: email@example.com
- Telefoonnummer: phone number: 1234567890
Then, press Controleren (check) and the order information is listed, so customers can check or modify before submission. If, in Edge, the button Terug (Back to edit) or the browsers back button is pressed, the order information is lost. The contact information is stored in cookies.
Hope this helps.
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Venkat K.”
Changed Assigned To from “Venkat K.” to “Ali A.”
I started using Edge some days ago.
I experienced exactly the same behavior only when I use Edge.
After pressing Back button, all the form elements updated in the previous page is gone.
Because Microsoft didn’t come up with a decent solution, I since then recommend my customers to not using Edge or IE, but instead use Chrome, Safari or Firefox.