Steps to reproduce
- Log in to Dynamics 365 for Talent by signing up for a free trial at https://trials.dynamics.com/Dynamics365/Signup/talent and signing in to the application.
- Once it loads, click “Click here to get started” in the banner at the top. (A screenshot of this page is attached.)
- Turn on Microsoft Narrator and tab through the page using it.
Results: There is consistently several seconds of lag to tab through the elements in the page, making it unusable for visually impaired users. This does not repro in Chrome.
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “James M.”
Thank you for providing this information about the issue. We are seeing a delay on the sample page, but after a minute Narrator is able to catch up and read each focus point instantly. This delay is also experienced in Chrome during our tests. Can you please use the Feedback Hub to collect more information? https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/feedback-hub/9nblggh4r32n
- Open the Feedback Hub app on your device
- Click on the “Feedback” tab
- Click on the " Add new feedback" button
- Click "Problem", fill in the title/details and select “Accessibility” as the category and “Narrator” as the sub-category
- Under "Recreate the problem", press “Start capture”
- Once the capture has started, run through the steps required to reproduce your issue
- Click “Stop capture” back in the Feedback Hub app
- Attach a screenshot of the behavior (if it’s not a crash or hang)
- Press “Submit”
This will provide us with a trace we can use to debug the issue further. Once you’ve submitted this, please paste a link to the newly created Feedback Hub issue in this bug so that we can link the two together and continue to investigate.
The MS Edge Team
I just tried waiting 2-3 minutes to see if it would eventually start working as you described, but it was still extremely slow and using a lot of CPU. I’m not experiencing the lag at all in Chrome (version 64.0.3282.186).
I’ve submitted the issue on Feedback Hub. Thanks for looking into it!
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Bogdan B.”
This issue appears to be fixed in Windows 10 RS4 (Microsoft Edge 42.17127.1000.0, Microsoft EdgeHTML 17.17127).