Steps to reproduce
I think this behavior is caused by “persistent: false” in manifest.json, but the documentation says: "If the background page is an event page, the system will ensure it is loaded before calling the callback".
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- unpack and install the attached extension.
- new tab with title “CoolCmd” is shown. copy the URL of this tab.
- restart the browser.
- “paste and go” the URL from step 2.
- two new tabs will open: the one have white background, the other is green.
- open DevTools in the white tab. the console contains error: "SCRIPT70: SCRIPT70: Permission denied". win.browser and win.location is inaccessable.
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Sanchit A.”
Changed Status to “Confirmed”
Changed Status from “Confirmed” to “In progress”
Changed Status from “In progress” to “In code review”
Changed Status from “In code review” to “In progress”