Steps to reproduce
- Windows 10, Edge, Narrator
- Navigate to this web page which contains a simple file upload example: https://jsfiddle.net/8vckputd/
- Tab through the page until you get to the the file input control (“Upload Image”)
- “Upload image, file” is announced when focus is on the text box, which is good
- However, note that Narrator does not announce anything when you tab again and the Browse button gains focus.
Expected behavior: Narrator should read each and every control on page when it receives focus. So “Browse” should be announced when the Browse button gains focus.
This bug is affecting Microsoft property https://www.iis.net (as well as many others), and is standing in the way of reaching accessibility compliance.
<html> <body> <h1>Single File Upload Example</h1> <form> <label for="animal">Animal name</label>: <input type="text" name="animal" id="animal"><br> <label for="AnimalImage">Upload Image</label> <input name="AnimalImage" id="AnimalImage" type="file"> </form> </body> </html>
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Zachariah L.”
Changed Status to “Duplicate”
This has been resolved as “Duplicate” To view the current status of this issue, please visit the parent issue 21404889.