Steps to reproduce
- Create a index.html page, put a html button ‘ShowDialog’ on it, add onclick function for this button: onclick="window.showModalDialog('1.aspx’,null…);"
- Create one aspx page: 1.aspx,
put a asp.net button ‘To 2nd Page’ on it, add onclick function for this button in cs code file, which has only one line: Response.Redirect(“2.apsx”);
- Create another aspx page: 2.aspx
Put some text on it
- Deploy all the files to IIS: localhost/testsite/
- Open index.html with IE11: localhost/testsite/index.html
Click ShowDialog to popup a dialog, and then click 'To 2nd Page’. The problem is : 2.aspx is always open in a new window, but not the dialog itself.
For modal dialog, if you like to redirect to another page, the redirected page should be open in the dialog itself.
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Tony S.”
Changed Assigned To from “Tony S.” to “Dale R.”
Changed Status to “Confirmed”
Changed Assigned To from “Dale R.” to “IE F.”
Changed Status from “Confirmed” to “Won’t fix”
Changed Status from “Won’t fix” to “Fixed”
Changed Status from “Fixed” to “Won’t fix”