Steps to reproduce
- Launch Edge
- Open a webpage that contains a long list of content (you can also just use the NTP) new tab page with all of the news stories.
- place the mouse over the scroll down arrow.
- wait for the scroll bar to auto hide.
- without moving the mouse click the left mouse button.
The page should have scrolled up or down but doesn’t because the scroll bar is hidden.
- Customer would like option to keep the scroll bars remain visible and active.
Unable to scroll unless the user moves the mouse around to get the scroll bar to reappear.
- if you mouse has a wheel you can scroll using the wheel rather than the scroll bar.
- use the keyboard
Dev Channel specific:
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Rico M.”
Changed Title from “Disappearing scroll bars in IE 11.” to “Disappearing scroll bars in Edge”
Changed Assigned To to “Christian F.”
Changed Assigned To from “Christian F.” to “Matt R.”
Changed Status to “Confirmed”
Changed Assigned To from “Matt R.” to “IE S.”
Changed Status from “Confirmed” to “By design”
Thank you for providing this information about the issue. This is by design behavior for autohiding scrollbars. Currently, we do not plan to release a fix for this problem. Please update this case if you can provide new information for us to consider.
The MS Edge Team