Steps to reproduce
This issue is not site specific. The url provided below is just one example where the issue can be reproduced.
- Navigate to: https://support.office.com/en-us
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Hover over the link “Change language” > You will see the url for the link display on top of the link.
- Try to click the link “Change language” > You will see that the browser does not navigate to the page.
- Try to right-click on the link > You will not see the right-click menu display
Given that a link appears in the bottom left corner of the window, when I hover over the link, then the url for the link displays in another location and not on top of the link I’m trying to click. For example, in IE 11 on Windows 8, the url will display in the bottom right corner when I hover over a link in the bottom left corner.
Dev Channel specific:
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Sermet I.”
Changed Assigned To from “Sermet I.” to “IE S.”
Changed Status to “By design”
I found this same problem on the Bling.com home page! (rather ironic). No problem clicking on links at bottom on Bing.com in Chrome, but trying to do so on Edge, and the URL tooltip gets in the way.
Can this bug please be fixed as it’s increasingly preventing our users from being able to use Edge in SharePoint. I think Microsoft wants us to adopt Edge but if many of it’s own websites are crippled by this feature, then it’s proving difficult. The fix is simple - if the user moves the mouse into that area, move the pop-up URL to somewhere else.