Steps to reproduce
- Navigate to https://papyrus.bib.umontreal.ca/xmlui/
- Find the “Library” (Bibliothèques in french) link at the top of the page
- Open the F12 tool and add the following attribute to the link: target="_blank"
- Click on the link found at step 2
- A new tab should now open on the non secure site http://www.bib.umontreal.ca
- Open the F12 tool and type in the console "document.referrer", then <enter>
document.referrer should return an empty string?
Dev Channel specific:
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Kamen M.”
Changed Assigned To from “Kamen M.” to “Nishant N.”
Changed Assigned To from “Nishant N.” to “Corey B.”
Changed Assigned To from “Corey B.” to “IE S.”
Changed Status to “External”
Thank you for providing this information about the issue. We confirmed the problem, and implemented a solution on a later build of Edge. We are resolving this issue as a duplicate of an existing internal bug report. We look forward to additional feedback you may have on how we can improve Microsoft Edge.
The MS Edge Team