Steps to reproduce
- In parent html page, open child window using 'window.open()' method.
- In child html page, add a close button to close the child window via 'window.close()' method.
- In child html page, add a print button to print the child window via 'window.print()' method.
- Trigger the print in child window using the print button above.
- Close the child window using the close button above.
Child window open through window.open should get closed via window.close.
Child window open through window.open doesn’t get closed via window.close when print dialog is launched in child window via window.print.
The child window opened programmatically from parent window should get closed programmatically with ‘window.close’ irrespective of whether the print dialog is launched or not.
Dev Channel specific:
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Mara P.”
Changed Assigned To to “Bruce M.”
Changed Assigned To from “Bruce M.” to “Sebastian P.”
Changed Assigned To from “Sebastian P.” to “IE S.”
Changed Status to “By design”
Thank you for providing this information about the issue. The print dialog is a modal window and disables the window which opened it. Currently, we do not plan to release a fix for this problem. Please update this case if you can provide new information for us to consider.
The MS Edge Team