Steps to reproduce
- go to https://dev.modern.ie/tools/vms/windows/
- in virtual machine drop down menu, select IE7 on Vista.
- in the select platform drop down menu, select VMWare.
- import the virtual machine in VMware Workstation (player or pro).
- look at the VM settings, see that it’s set to Windows Vista x64 edition.
- boot the VM (if VT-x is enabled, else an error will be displayer)
- look at the properties screen of computer, see that the OS is 32bit.
Being able to download the IE 7 - Vista VM, import it and boot it without needing to enable VT-x.
Dev Channel specific:
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Kamen M.”
Changed Assigned To from “Kamen M.” to “Anton M.”
Changed Status to “Confirmed”
Changed Assigned To from “Anton M.” to “IE S.”
Changed Status from “Confirmed” to “Fixed”