XMLDocument.evaluate API is not working as expected when xpath expression used has name() xpath function like .//*[name()='xyz']

Confirmed Issue #6352276 • Assigned to Travis L.

Details

Created
Jan 28, 2016
Privacy
This issue is public.
Reports
Reported by 2 people

Sign in to watch or report this issue.

Steps to reproduce

URL:

Repro Steps:

  1. Go to jsfiddle link: https://jsfiddle.net/b3oxrzkv/
  2. Click “Click here” button.
    Expected Results: Alert should show value 1.
    Current Results: Alert is not showing value 1.

Expected Results:

Returns the node if presents

Actual Results:

Dev Channel specific:

No

Attachments

0 attachments

    Comments and activity

    • Microsoft Edge Team

      Changed Assigned To to “Mara P.”

      Changed Assigned To to “Travis L.”

      Changed Status to “Confirmed”

    • What’s the status of this ticket?
      I tried in Redstone public build 14393.105 and it’s still reproducible.

    • Still an issue on 14.14393, Edge version 38.14393.1066.0.

      I found that "name()" requires the argument to be fully lower case, and that it will only match lower case values. By modifying the current report’s jsFiddle to be fully lowercase in the "name()" argument, and the supplied XML, the page correctly returns alerts '1’.

      I was going to create a report until the page pointed me to this report, and already have my own jsFiddle which shows the issue in a different way: https://jsfiddle.net/utgurLtn/1/

      Running on Chrome/Firefox/Opera all show the same results, Edge is the only outlier. Per this blog post, Microsoft wants to fix these inconsistencies:
      …(any Edge-WebKit differences are bugs that we’re interested in fixing)…

      Thanks for looking into this!

    You need to sign in to your Microsoft account to add a comment.

    Sign in