Translator extension does not work

Not reproducible Issue #7110959


Matthias O.
Apr 5, 2016
This issue is public.
Found in
  • Microsoft Edge
Found in build #
Reported by 3 people

Sign in to watch or report this issue.

Steps to reproduce

The language extension in Edge installs, loads, but then does not do anything. Not even the button appears.


0 attachments

    Comments and activity

    • Microsoft Edge Team

      Changed Assigned To to “Sermet I.”

      Changed Assigned To to “Sebastian P.”

      Changed Assigned To from “Sebastian P.” to “Tanvi S.”

      Changed Status to “Not reproducible”

      Changed Assigned To to “Brad E.”

      Changed Status from “Not reproducible”

    • Our apologies for the delay in getting back to you on this feedback item.

      Can you specify which websites you tried to translate and which language you were attempting to translate the page to?

    • Microsoft Edge Team

      Changed Status to “Not reproducible”

    • #Hello Microsoft

      -I’m having the same problem, Microsoft edge translator extension suddenly stopped working.
      -I was trying to open a Russian page but it didn’t translate.
      -I tried the same with other language pages also but it didn’t work.
      -I don’t know the cause for this but reinstalling the extension seems to have fixed it.

      I tried translating this webpage - It’s in Tamil
      Link to webpage!

      #Kindly look into this issue.


      -Update: A quick reinstallation of the Extension Fixed the Issue

    • Hello Microsoft, I’m having the same problem, Microsoft edge translator app is not working, I was trying to open a Russian page but it didn’t translate, I tried the same with other language pages also but it didn’t work.

      I tried translating this webpage - It’s in Tamil

      Kindly look into this issue.


    • The same problem - Translator extension does not work.
      Also the same problem behavior I found with "AdBlocker Ultimate".

      I will detailed describe the situation…

      1. Clean Win10 FCU. I install many Edge extensions and all works fine.
      2. After some time, many updates, many windows configuration, etc, at some point two those extensions just disappear form Edge. At WinSettingsApplications all extensions shown faintly/muted.
      3. When through Edge I open MSStore and find those extensions - MSStore told me that extensions already installed but have some problem and to fix it they must be reinstalled…
        but after about 10 reinstalls - nothing is changed, they still don’t work.
      4. I uninstall all extensions from WinSettingsApplications and from StartMenu too. Reboot the PC.
      5. Open MSStore, found those extensions and install them afresh and only at this moment I have found one big different between new extensions that installs and works perfectly (uBlock,AdBlockPlus,MateTranslator,etc) and two those broken extensions… when at MSStore extension downloaded and installed - there new button appear “Launch/Start” - when I press that button at worked extensions - it’s open Edge with new little panel appears with question to start or decline new extension! But with two those broken extensions after pressing the same button at MSStore - Edge opens but this panel with question DONT appear! instead the in Edge cursor focusing at the reload button!

      I hope this detailed info can helps you to found and resolve this problem.

      You can found more the same problem at internet:

      PS BTW, take a pity of Edge users:
      A) add possibility to save pages as mht or pdf without pages separating!
      B) add possibility to change order of extensions buttons and menu order - for example button “Open at IE” is too far :(( !"Voice reading" must be like a button, etc.

    You need to sign in to your Microsoft account to add a comment.

    Sign in