Steps to reproduce
Install RES extension (https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/extensions/)
You need two reddit accounts for this. One to sign into first and another to attempt to switch to.
- Sign into your first reddit account
- Open the extension settings (Menu -> Extensions -> RES -> Options)
- On the left hand side, go to My Account -> Account Switcher
- Click the “add account” button
- Add your second reddit accounts details here
- Click the “save options” button
- Select the account switcher button (snoo next to account name at top
right of site)
- Select account to switch to.
Current session is destroyed and you sign into selected account.
Account switching fails.
CONFLICT - The request could not be completed due to a conflict with the current state of the resource.
(XHR): POST - https://www.reddit.com/api/login?app=res
This only happens when a session is active. If you sign out completely and use the account switcher you sign into an account straight away. It appears to be an issue with extensions killing sessions/cookies.
Comments and activity
- Microsoft Edge Team
Changed Assigned To to “Brad E.”
Changed Assigned To to “Sermet I.”
Changed Assigned To from “Sermet I.” to “Brandon W.”
Changed Status to “Confirmed”
Changed Status from “Confirmed” to “In progress”
Changed Status from “In progress” to “In code review”
Changed Status from “In code review” to “In progress”
Changed Status from “In progress” to “Fixed”
The issue is fixed in nightly feature branch builds and will soon be flighted publicly.
All the best,
The MS Edge Team