Fails to load scripts dynamically from JS

Not reproducible Issue #7541803


Lena T.
May 12, 2016
This issue is public.
Reported by 1 person

Sign in to watch or report this issue.

Steps to reproduce

When I try to load javascript-files dynamically from a script (simply by attaching <script> dynamically into the head section) it sometimes fails. If you try to install the attached extension and inspect the background page, you will see that some file tend to fail to load, meanwhile, some are loaded properly.


2 attachments

Comments and activity

  • An error that appears in the console: “SCRIPT2: The system cannot find the file specified”

  • Thanks for the feedback on Edge. As far as I can tell this has been corrected in the latest builds of Win 10.

    Which build are you encountering these errors with?

    I’ve attached a screenshot showing the console after inspecting the background page in build 14345.1000

  • Microsoft Edge Team

    Changed Assigned To to “Brad E.”

  • Hi, thank you for the response! I have the 13342 build (and, the updater says there’s nothing newer). As I figured out, after installing the console is always empty for some reason, but after "location.reload()" (refreshing the background page?) all the messages appear there, including the error:

  • Moreover, it appears to be a bit chaotic, i.e. on the screen shot attached it fails to load lsView.js. Then, I restarted Edge, and tried to inspect the background again—the result is that it failed to load audio.js, and seemed to load lsView.js correctly.

  • Any help?

  • Sorry about the delay on this. We are now using 14371 which is a few behind insider fast and I am not able to repro, still.  With each build we push out minor changes so it is possible that it was fixed in the builds that I am using but still broken in the old one.

    And yeah, we do have access to internal, daily built (usually) builds of Win 10 so it is expected that there might be some discrepancies when testing out results reported by end users.

    As you stated it previously was intermittent in nature.  Are you still seeing this as the case on your end?  If so provide the latest build and I’ll see if I can repro with that specific one (assuming I still have access to it).

    Running location.reload(); definitely shows a bit more verbose output, but other than one warning for lang.js … All seems to be loading up as one would expect.

  • This item will be closed soon for inactivity.  I’m hoping that these errors do not appear any longer on the public builds of Edge.

    Are you able to confirm that this has been corrected so we can either investigate further or resolve out the item.

  • Microsoft Edge Team

    Changed Status to “Not reproducible”

  • As
    we have not received further information on how to repro this item of feedback

    • we will resolve it as not repro. Should you have the details needed in order
      for us to reproduce this problem in our test environments please feel free to
      reactivate this issue at your earliest convenience.


    the best,

    MS Edge Team

  • This post hasn’t been updated in a while, and I just wanted to say I’m experiencing a similar bug. It affects the processing.js library in my site. The file is available on for reference - it works fine on other browsers. The console gives "SCRIPT16389: Unspecified error.", located at a strange point right in the middle of indentation whitespace.


You need to sign in to your Microsoft account to add a comment.

Sign in